List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

The highlights I saw showed him as agile, clean below the knees, and able to kick both feet.
Does physically resemble Scooter, but reckon he's a tad more athletic and skillful.

Didn't test well at the Combine. No pace over the short run and no stamina over 2ks. Think he was the last of the talls in both?

I like that he's agile and I really like him with the ball.

We would want to think he would thrive in a professional environment. Really in 2 minds about him.

Is it though?

I'd argue that Georgiades, Luko and Lord is better than both Collingwood and Melbourne won flags with.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably, but they have/had a better system. We have:

Luko & Georgiades
Marshall - gets concussed every game
Finlayson - one ordinary year from delisting
Lord - went backwards at a rate of knots, may be one ordinary year from delist/trade
Scully - may not even be on the list next year

And Luko isnt exactly a given that he performs

picking a key forward (Armstrong/Shannahan) with our first pick would be stupid in my opinion

Due to they're speculative nature, you never know if they are going to be good or not, a Hotton, Tauru or Allan gives us much more security.

On the other hand, almost every premiership team has at least one first round KPF and most AA KPFs are first round or first round equivalent. So if you want a dominant one, more often than not, you need to get one with a first rounder

My preferences would be to look at…..
Our first pick … 1.class running player (such as Taj Hotton or Xavier Lindsay)
Our 2nd pick … 2. Key Position Player , ideally a versatile type (such as Jobe Shanahan or Kayle Gerreyn)
Our 3rd pick … 3. Utility type, (such as Jack Ough, Hugh Boxshall)
Our 4th pick … 4. Best available…….. but we must not miss out on Benny Barrett.

My philosophy when it comes to Pick 13 would be, if in doubt take a midfielder because you can never have too many good mids.

Also you can usually turn a midfielder into a half back but you can't always turn a half back into a mid.

Could we take Berry at 13
Small forward some think best in this year's crop
And definitely fill a hole for us
Does it fill a hole for us?

Rioli, SPP, DBJ and now Richards. Then you have Barrett, Charleson and Anasta. If we are getting Berry, we must commit to a 2 tall forward line with Luko and Georgiades whilst never bombing the ball ever. Neither likely to happen so while I love Berry and yes he's the most complete small forward in this crop, we have to pass on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back