List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if we got a trio of WA players. Urquhart, Gerryne and Clancy Dennis

I would be thrilled if we get
pick 13 Bo Allan - inside mid 191cm
pick 29 Kayle Gerreyn - forward/ruck 199cm
pick 36 Hamish Davis - forward/mid 190cm

Then whoever else with pick 50 and so on along with Barrett and Burgoyne hopefully as rookies

I would be thrilled if we get
pick 13 Bo Allan - inside mid 191cm
pick 29 Kayle Gerreyn - forward/ruck 199cm
pick 36 Hamish Davis - forward/mid 190cm

Then whoever else with pick 50 and so on along with Barrett and Burgoyne hopefully as rookies
I'm not a big Bo Allan fan, he's good but I'm not fully convinced. The other 2, yes. But we've just delisted two KPDs so we need one I think

With only BZT, Ratogolea, Aliir (30 years old) and Walsh as KPD now it’s a good chance we take a KPD.

Hopefully we just go best available at 13 like Hotton and KPD like Whitlock at 29.

James Barrat is the one to target as a kpd

Unlikely to delist McEntee as he is under contract… as is Rioli, DBJ, Anastasopoulos and Charleson…… Narkle has been delisted, Evans could be delisted…… but we have already recruited Richards and highly likely to pick up Barrett. Remember Berry is only 18 and hasn’t yet played senior football, where Tommy A has had one year in the system and was close to selection a number of times last season. Bottom line is, I don’t think the Club would want 7 small forwards on their list at this time. I would think with the looming retirement of Boak next year , on top of losing Duursma and Amon in recent years we’re in need of a genuine quick classy wingman. A high quality outside mid …. my choice would be Taj Hotton…..
Taj Hotton would be a very good selection. He is described as being a Rankine type. He is projected to go a little before our pick and but for doing his ACL would be a top 10 but he would be both a handy forward and a future midfielder.
With today's delistings we still have McEntee on the list.
I get your point about an over supply of small forwards but only Rioli is anywhere near the class of player required to build an elite cohort. Hotton would be that sort of player and so would Berry.

I'm not a big Bo Allan fan, he's good but I'm not fully convinced. The other 2, yes. But we've just delisted two KPDs so we need one I think
I like Bo Allan a lot but he's not a smooth footballer but holy moly, at 191cm, he can power out of stoppage like no one's business, tackles freaking hard and fast, just a power athlete, doesn't mind a don't argue, prone to turnovers close in though. Possibly hasn't quite worked out this hands and midfield craft. His marking is not as good as you would like for his height. Seems to have the temperament of Powell-Pepper. Playing mid throughout the WAFL finals, Pretty epic.

I just see him power out of contests and tackle hard and I just want him at Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read this thread, mainly since I would have no idea what I am reading, so nothing to offer.

But, it would be most surprising if our first pick didn't go on a half-back flanker.

Is delisting Scully a sign they're confident of Armstrong at 13?

I can't see him getting past Richmond
Would say, if anything, it'd be Shanahan. Although I don't see us taking a KPP with pick 13. Tauru if he slides but wouldn't classify him as KPP

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back