List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Skills get better in the afl system, or can, however the intensity and pressure also goes up.

Can’t remember many draftees with an average kick becoming a great kick. Decision making similar.

Allan looks like an inside mid to me - ie a lot aren’t great kicks or users, due to the pressure. Fyfe, Dangerfield etc all turn it over. The fact that Allan has played mid in a successful WAFL side suggests that it’s not just size or athleticism and that he has some legitimate talent there.

Don’t think he makes it to us.

I’ve come round to Dattoli - has the fig jam and pest that you want in a small forward.
I've only seen his highlights of Allan which isn't much to go on but his hand passing looks accurate. He seems to favour long bombs into the F50 by foot but he is a long kick. Looks very tenacious & has breakaway speed, reminds me of a Cripps type.

I rate him. Versatile player in defence, wing or midfield although he needs more time to develop his midfield craft.

He has the speed and endurance so thats a bonus along with a good kick and can make smart decisions with the ball.

Definitely someone I would be keeping an eye out with our later picks.

Both him and Hannaford joint winners at the B&F for GWV rebels

Wearing number 12 in link below

So was that an ELITE "blend of speed and endurance"?

I remember someone that used to play for us who was a lot like that 🤔

Hamish Davis’ Elimination finals performance for Claremont in the WAFL, 4 goals 21 disposals. Decent speed and has a tank, good results from the combine too. Good size at 190cm and a strong overhead mark, can also play midfield has a 40 disposal game in the under 18 colts. We should absolutely be looking at this kid with our second pick with the intention of playing him as a goal kicking mid. Would be interested to know if there are any glaringly obvious knocks on him though. Don’t know why he’s not discussed more tbh.

I’m personally still indifferent on who to get with our first pick though…

Hamish Davis’ Elimination finals performance for Claremont in the WAFL, 4 goals 21 disposals. Decent speed and has a tank, good results from the combine too. Good size at 190cm and a strong overhead mark, can also play midfield has a 40 disposal game in the under 18 colts. We should absolutely be looking at this kid with our second pick with the intention of playing him as a goal kicking mid. Would be interested to know if there are any glaringly obvious knocks on him though. Don’t know why he’s not discussed more tbh.

According to this, he has an awkward kicking action and lacks explosive speed.

According to this, he has an awkward kicking action and lacks explosive speed.
The lacking explosive speed is an interesting knock - he's certainly not slow and can put the jets on a bit when required.

And the kicking action looks strange (due to sort of using both hands to guide the ball to boot when he has time) but his kicks are very effective and he's able to get boot to ball quickly to get out of congestion or if he's being tackled.

He's a great shot on goal and mark on the lead, so I don't really see these as big negatives in his game at all.

I’m personally still indifferent on who to get with our first pick though…

Looks to be quick enough. Languid running style (a bit like Lukoscious), but although not explosive, gets separation ok, and when on the move motors along.

Seen Davis play a couple of games last year.
Not a bad grab, wouldn’t call him super fast but definitely not slow.
Has his own kicking style but seams to be successful at it.
Worth a close look at with one of our picks.

So was that an ELITE "blend of speed and endurance"?

I remember someone that used to play for us who was a lot like that 🤔

You wait and see. Total football is ours for the taking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Berry's a Robbie Gray fan interesting read below from the Herald Sun:

GOAL SNEAK’S WORK WITH TRADED PIE

A Collingwood turned Port Adelaide forward played a part in Murray Bushrangers goal sneak Joe Berry’s strong pre-season that saw him start the year with a bang.
Berry plays his local footy with the Wangaratta Magpies, where Joe Richards was plucked from by Collingwood in 2022 after turning heads in the in the Ovens & Murray league.
Having seen Richards wreak havoc at local level, Berry got the chance to learn off him over the summer.
“I used to go up and watch Joe and how he went about it and back then he was dominating,” Berry said.
“He’s had a great year (with Collingwood) as well, but I actually did a bit of sessions over summer with him and caught up with him a couple of times. It was pretty cool to see how he goes about it, he super clean and quick, so that’s something I try to bring into my game.
“I knew him alright before he left to Collingwood, but we’ve got the same manager as well.
“It was great to pick his brain and whatnot, so it was cool.”
Joe Berry. Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Also a past player as well is Robbie Gray, I have watched a fair bit of his football and he is just so dynamic.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/be41ada4dfdad2f27032f89474832fc1

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Berry's a Robbie Gray fan interesting read below from the Herald Sun:

GOAL SNEAK’S WORK WITH TRADED PIE

A Collingwood turned Port Adelaide forward played a part in Murray Bushrangers goal sneak Joe Berry’s strong pre-season that saw him start the year with a bang.
Berry plays his local footy with the Wangaratta Magpies, where Joe Richards was plucked from by Collingwood in 2022 after turning heads in the in the Ovens & Murray league.
Having seen Richards wreak havoc at local level, Berry got the chance to learn off him over the summer.
“I used to go up and watch Joe and how he went about it and back then he was dominating,” Berry said.
“He’s had a great year (with Collingwood) as well, but I actually did a bit of sessions over summer with him and caught up with him a couple of times. It was pretty cool to see how he goes about it, he super clean and quick, so that’s something I try to bring into my game.
“I knew him alright before he left to Collingwood, but we’ve got the same manager as well.
“It was great to pick his brain and whatnot, so it was cool.”

Also a past player as well is Robbie Gray, I have watched a fair bit of his football and he is just so dynamic.
I love him even more now.

I hope we pick him, hotton or Allan with pick 13

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder of Bigfooty posting rules re articles from other sites

Articles from other sites should be limited to a relevant paragraph or two and a link to the source.

Don't just whack up articles holus bolus.

No worries, you're no orphan. It was just handy to remind people of the rules, we can get a bit excited at this time of year. Interesting article.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back