List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's rated top 10 forwards for this draft due to his speed test in the combine, contested marking and vertical leap.
He will definitely be there with our pick 50 which will come down early to mid 40s after bid matching.
Good pick up if we get him.
Theres a couple of late SA offerings worth considering, West , 2 central district kids Charlie Nicholls at 197cm and Talien Rosenzwieg also 197cm.

Powers out of stoppages
Great inside game
Speed on the outside
Booming left kick
Kick could be more accurate
Great tackler.
Takes the first option too much.
Hard to tackle
Still making rookie mistakes
Good pedigree
L‍ots to like and work with

I'm going to try and give my Bo Allan manifest party a bit of a rest.

Break tackle, bomb it forward to a 1v2 resulting in a turnover. He will fit right in to our current game-plan…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Theres a couple of late SA offerings worth considering, West , 2 central district kids Charlie Nicholls at 197cm and Talien Rosenzwieg also 197cm.

Yup and Charlie Nicholls is in that top 10 list. You forgot Jay Polkinghorne 192cm Norwood played in their Reserve team as well.
Polkinghorne & Rosenzweig likely rookie picks.

Would absolutely love Charlie West.

He's got presence in spades. When playing for SA in the Under 18s, when he went into the ruck, he dominated in patches because he was just that much stronger than his opponent. Got a big frame to really build into something large and strong at the next level and he had moments that could really wow, collecting balls on the half volley at pace and the like.

Would take a lot of development and as I've said earlier, he may be too similar to what we already have in Xavier Walsh if we continue to play Walsh forward, but I really like West a lot.

I'll take our interest with a grain of salt, but it still makes me happy to think it might be true.

Video for those interested:

Yup and Charlie Nicholls is in that top 10 list. You forgot Jay Polkinghorne 192cm Norwood played in their Reserve team as well.
Polkinghorne & Rosenzweig likely rookie picks.
Polkinghorne might not get picked up but he bloomed very late and perhaps has a higher ceiling than the other SA talls. Shame he had a few injuries to start the season but would love him as a rookie pick

Polkinghorne might not get picked up but he bloomed very late and perhaps has a higher ceiling than the other SA talls. Shame he had a few injuries to start the season but would love him as a rookie pick

This is where our F/S becomes an issue.

I’d put Polkinghorne and Tallan Rosenzweig in the same boat as players who need a bit more development and you could put on a rookie list but we don’t have enough spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d put Polkinghorne and Tallan Rosenzweig in the same boat as players who need a bit more development and you could put on a rookie list but we don’t have enough spots.

If we delisted Williams and McEntee this year even though they still have 1 year left on their contract it would of been a good move. Its unlikely the two of them are going to vastly improve next year and be rewarded another contract.

Prefer we cut a bit deep this year before Tasmania and have pre-season list spots available for those who missed out on the draft like a Logan Evans.

Rome Burgoyne will take Williams spot in the future might as well take it early by delisting him now.

Somewhere in our draft haul I want a Toby Greene type player. Of all the potential draftees, who resembles him the most?
Now that I think about, this guy slipped my mind but the closest thing to Greene is Tom Gross. Explosive out of the centre and hits the scoreboard consistently when he plays forward. Good in contest too

Agreed, as you suggest list spots are going to be extremely tight but far as I'm aware none of the F/S players are particularly tall and if we don't replace at least a couple of those we cut it may only take an injury to someone like Walsh for the Magpie's defence to resemble the garden gnome section at Bunnings, and with the occasional exception (eg Logan Evans) regular smackings doesn't do much for the development of young players at either end of the ground.

Hopefully there are a couple of promising 197cm plus types the club has an eye on who will at least be good enough at this stage of their careers to be effective at sanfl level, and with the experience gained from a couple of seasons on the list come under consideration for AFL selection sometime down the track.

Addy23

What do you think about Josh Murphy?

I know you rate Cooper Hynes but Murphy is another one in the same mould as Hynes, a 190cm forward takes big strong marks and has a booming kick 50m+ from goal.

From the Murray Bushrangers kicked 32 goals in 11 games in the Coates League, number 1 in the comp for goals.

In the state combine tested strong 2.99sec for 20m sprint, 6.42sec for the 2km and standing vertical jump 74cm (1st place).

Possibly we could draft him with our later picks (36 or 50).

Addy23

I know you rate Cooper Hynes but Murphy is another one in the same mould as Hynes, a 190cm forward takes big strong marks and has a booming kick 50m+ from goal.

From the Murray Bushrangers kicked 32 goals in 11 games in the Coates League, number 1 in the comp for goals.

In the state combine tested strong 2.99sec for 20m sprint, 6.42sec for the 2km and standing vertical jump 74cm (1st place).

Murphy looks good, bit of size and can kick.
Really that’s the two main attributes we should be focusing on, size and kicking skills.

Addy23

He's on my list of players too, which I aim to release this weekend

Think he's another one of those Stringer type players but is very accurate with his kicking. Solid option, quite powerful in one on one contests up forward and can take an overhead mark but he's not playing much midfield like Hynes has.

The other one in the same mould is Archer Day-Wicks who's also around the same mark. Has the x-factor and the ability to play midfield too. For me he's slightly ahead of Murphy.

What we take with our first pick drives the rest of the permutation. I think it should be Hynes even if it's a touch early (but I'm holding out hope that we slide 13 slightly back and bring 29 a few spots forward). I just can't see why we'd take Berry and where we'd play him. He doesn't provide a difference that we so badly need atm and I doubt he'll make it in midfield role at AFL level.

I think one very realistic option for us in terms of a permutation is

Hynes, Gross, Gerryne, Day-Wicks/Murphy

Can we start a GoFundMe page to payout McEntee and create another spot?! There's still someone else I wanna pick

Write ups and reviews reads like Salopek.

Salopek was a midfielder. Murphy is a Georgiades clone. I dont think Murphy has spent any time - certainly not any considerable time - in the midfield at all.

I'm not sold on Murphy. He looks ok, but he's not really a point of difference for us. He looks a pretty meat and potatoes mark-kick-goal forward.

------------------------------------------

I think with Hynes what people need to realise is he's a midfielder first, potential third tall option second. If we draft him, we'd be drafting him to become a midfielder, not just to be a tall flanker.

Day-Wicks is more of a Hayward type. Mid-sized marker but has many more runs on the board in the midfield than Hayward has. Maybe a bit like a Rayner but with less x-factor

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back