List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 58, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Port bid on anyone who is apart of our academy?

Im kinda confused that we can bid on Barett, but people were saying we cannot bid on doug cochrene in a coupla years (thats if he does get approval to join our academy)
I think it's that we can select our Academy guys straight out, or wait to see if someone else places a bid for them.

Then we can match that bid with our own late picks.

Otherwise we hold fire and if no one bids, we take them as a Cat B rookie.

A high ceiling mid who can kick goals is my preference for any first round pick we get. I realise he’s coming off an ACL, but Hotton seems to be that player.

Would love to have two second round picks (our current one and hopefully one from St Kilda for Soldo). Use one on a Fritsch type forward and the other on a KPP.

Then get Barrett and the three FSs.

Assuming Walsh comes on, he and Gil Wakelin can be our long term tall defenders, perhaps Moss too.
I reckon Walsh can swing forward. he has a bit of mongrel about him that will keep defenders on their toes.
And we should end up with a brace of second round picks

My theory why picks in the 20s and 30s suck, and picks in the 40s and 50s are awesome.

Top 10 picks - Guns
10 - 20 picks - Players with high ceiling but flaws that need work
20 - 40 picks - Athletes that "just need to learn football"
40 - 60 picks - Footballers with atheltic weaknesses

The athletes not footballers are a ****ing lottery. A rigged lottery, where no-one wins.

Reading all the scouting notes, watching highlights and looking at the many draft rankings. I have split the top 20 into 3 tier.
Tier 1
Smith, Ashcroft, O’Sullivan, Draper, Lalor, Reid.
Tier 2
Smillie, Langford, Lombard, Kako, Tauru, Travaglia.
Tier 3
Trainor, Armstrong, Hotton, Allan, Lindsay,Berry, Hannaford, Shanahan.
Obviously the 3 academy/Fs are off the board. But if we are to lose Houston we must keep our 25 1st round and pick up one of the tier 1 or 2 players.

Reading all the scouting notes, watching highlights and looking at the many draft rankings. I have split the top 20 into 3 tier.
Tier 1
Smith, Ashcroft, O’Sullivan, Draper, Lalor, Reid.
Tier 2
Smillie, Langford, Lombard, Kako, Tauru, Travaglia.
Tier 3
Trainor, Armstrong, Hotton, Allan, Lindsay,Berry, Hannaford, Shanahan.
Obviously the 3 academy/Fs are off the board. But if we are to lose Houston we must keep our 25 1st round and pick up one of the tier 1 or 2 players.
I hope we take Langford or tauru with pick 13

I really really like tobbie travaglia as well, our long term houston replacement

ESPN ranking has him at 18. I think his a certain top 10 maybe top 5.

Watched his highlights and he looks class. Would love him to be available at our pick (whatever that may be).

Cal Twomey has him 6th best player in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 58, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back