Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ , I thought the Max Hall was a typo .
Its like we just hand out games for the sake of it , Collard never deserved a game and now Max Hall gets a gig , Nothing against the kid but 13 disposals gets you a call up these days ?
To think pre season our track watchers and others were banging on about how are we going to fit all our guns in the one team and now we have resorted to this.
This totally explains why i cant be fecked going anymore
Ps , yes I know I sound like Gringo ;)

His numbers need to improve otherwise we are stagnating, i would rather see Seb with his 20+ then a 12 pos game, whats happened to Seb ???
No room for him. His last few matches were on a wing but Bonner has taken that spot with Arie coming in. Now Byrnes showing good VFL form to replace Bonner this week

Its like we just hand out games for the sake of it , Collard never deserved a game and now Max Hall gets a gig , Nothing against the kid but 13 disposals gets you a call up these days ?
To think pre season our track watchers and others were banging on about how are we going to fit all our guns in the one team and now we have resorted to this.
Max Hall isn’t playing mate, chill out fmd

The midfield is a total flop this season, so I hope Lyon will want to experiment, although it's not in his coaching DNA. I Don't know where any turnaround will come from, unless the mids strap a jet engine onto their backs to get some speed happening.

Who are you naming instead? Hotton is the only similar type and he isn’t remotely close to a debut. Garcia is developing his contest work so no point bringing him into AFL just to play him forward and delay his development by a week
I'd play Garcia in front of him and Hotton will be lucky if he is even on the list next year

Last edited:
I'd play Garcia in front of him and Hotton will be luck if he is even on the list next year
you do realise you're discussing 3 players who aren't playing in your own hypothetical?

I’m done for 2024

It’s all about next year
Get the kids further developed- mostly through Sandy unless the right games come up for getting games into the young guys- not v the Swans for mine

Let the retirees get banged up and demoralised

I’d play Jones, Cordy, Campbell , Ross
Members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is Batchelor playing him in the midfield or HF?
High half forward. New role, new system. No surprise his numbers aren't what they were at Box Hill. As long as he is executing his role well, he's every chance to debut soon. It's not always about statistics

Well I got the four bench players right, I wasn't expecting to see Byrnes starting at half forward though, a lucky reprieve for him.

Zak Jones may as well announce his retirement now if he can't get a start ahead of Byrnes, he couldn't even get a gig as the sub.

I'm assuming Paton will be the sub,

You just ignored what I said lmao. Garcia is working on his ground balls at VFL, why would you disrupt that only to play him forward in the AFL team? Makes zero sense when we're all about development
Wow, how dare I have a different view to you.
I didn't know you worked at the club but in future I will take more notice of what you say

Forward line looks very ordinary - would have stuck with Campbell and Marshall.

Cross Jones off the list for next year - he'd be feeling like Luke Dunstan did - unloved and unwanted.

Watched them train today
Max Hall was on fire in competitive session

Remove this Banner Ad

Back