Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 21; St Kilda Saints v Paddle Pop Bears, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4th August 4;40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

if we beat the bears the lids off

Apparently we're still a mathematical chance of playing finals so if we win this we will keep our mathematical finals dreams alive.

After 19 games we are the 3rd best defence in the AFL.

16 points behind Freo #2 and 34 points behind Swans #1. That really is extraordinary for the 14th placed team.

I know all the anti RTB people will say we are just a defensive team but unlike many lower teams we have a strength that is well drilled and we can build upon (really hope we don’t lose Battle). Kudos to Boris and RTB.

Now we are starting to improve our forward connection (notwithstanding a sub par midfield) we look dangerous.

If we can draft/trade well (& have some injury & fixture luck) I’m positive that we can see significant improvement in 2025.

Stocker being named in the middle was not something I would have expected at the start of the year.
Don't know about that. Tagged Merritt last week, tagged him.out of it and win his own ball.
Will free up Windy if he can play that role.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 19 games we are the 3rd best defence in the AFL.

16 points behind Freo #2 and 34 points behind Swans #1. That really is extraordinary for the 14th placed team.

I know all the anti RTB people will say we are just a defensive team but unlike many lower teams we have a strength that is well drilled and we can build upon (really hope we don’t lose Battle). Kudos to Boris and RTB.

Now we are starting to improve our forward connection (notwithstanding a sub par midfield) we look dangerous.

If we can draft/trade well (& have some injury & fixture luck) I’m positive that we can see significant improvement in 2025.

Would be nice to jag a skilled left footer who could play mid/half forward.

Don't know about that. Tagged Merritt last week, tagged him.out of it and win his own ball.
Will free up Windy if he can play that role.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I like it. Neale doesn't seem to deal with a tag all that well, Stock did ok against Trac.

Jimmy's ahead as a small defender at present so RtB is giving Stock the chance of a different role, you love to see it.

I also agree re: Windy, like Steele before him I think he's done the apprenticeship and will be more valuable as an attacking and ball winning mid next year rather than a negating role.

No they are all perfect, i can't understand why Sandringham is under performing. Perhaps the negativity is demotivating the players, we should get them all a nice participation award.

And in case people didn't get it :rolleyes:
We’ve had injuries again recently and the line ups revert to borderline garbage. Our non Saints players are so far off the quality of other decent teams and we don’t have the quality or depth from our listed players to make up for it.

Stocker being named in the middle was not something I would have expected at the start of the year.

Hopefully signs he's ready to play in his natural position. He was drafted as a highly rated mid but never seemed to cement that spot, and as far as I can tell never really got the opportunity to go back and prove himself there. Could be a handy addition if he actually is playing there again

Game will be won and lost in the midfield. Curtail Neale and you never know. If we break even in the mids I’m confident our defence will hold up and our forwards were freaks last week.

Hopefully signs he's ready to play in his natural position. He was drafted as a highly rated mid but never seemed to cement that spot, and as far as I can tell never really got the opportunity to go back and prove himself there. Could be a handy addition if he actually is playing there again
Would be a real win if he can become a mid for the majority of a game. Can definitely do with more, especially with Crouch likely gone, and he’s a tough nut.

Would be a real win if he can become a mid for the majority of a game. Can definitely do with more, especially with Crouch likely gone, and he’s a tough nut.

He’s tagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back