Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 22 - Richmond Tigers v St Kilda Saints, Marvel Stadium, Sunday, Sunday Sunday 11th August 3:20pm

Oh My

• Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Magpies

• Bears

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Crows

• Eagles

• Swans

• Hawks

• Dogs

• Cats (in general)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kangaroo

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to have some fun, I mean, it's a preview and we went from lions to tigers so I went Oh my. This is also why bears are listed despite being an entity no longer in the AFL specifically.
Absolutely no clearer as to what that all means?

Can’t believe Tarryn Thomas wasn’t picked. Why have a coffee with him if you’re not going to play him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see the coaches finally realise Bonner is not up to it. Don't know why we've been persisting with a half back who doesn't defend or win contested possessions and constantly butchers the ball. Dropped from the extended squad is a statement.
Yep, looks like the Boss has had enough. Hopefully he's played his last game in StKilda colours.

Looks like McLennan has taken Bonner's half-back spot. Bonner was lucky Byrnes was ill last week otherwise he would not have been in the 22 - had a chance to perform and blew it. Deservedly dropped this week and hopefully gone at year's end (although unlikely)

Last edited:
Looks like McLennan has taken Bonner's half-back spot. Bonner was lucky Byrnes was ill last week otherwise he would not have been in the 22 - had a chance to perform and blew it. Deservedly dropped this week and hopefully gone at year's end (although unlikely)

That’s not right Bonner was in the side last week & McLennan came in for Byrnes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
So Bonner is selected to play 19 games season and averaged over 20 possessions a game and around 500 metres gained and apparently the coaches have had it wrong all year. So funny!!

Happy to see McLennan get a run at the end of the season because he might be the future but picking up Bonner was a classic example of why you always need to have cheap AFL capable "GOP's" on your list.

Bonner was in the original selected side last week. McLennan came in for Byrnes at the last minutes.
In all likelihood, McLennan will join Bonner in the outs later today as Clark returning means Stocker shouldn't need to spend all game in the midfield.

Bonner was in the original selected side last week. McLennan came in for Byrnes at the last minutes.
In all likelihood, McLennan will join Bonner in the outs later today as Clark returning means Stocker shouldn't need to spend all game in the midfield.

Yes, returning first 22 players means McLennan is likely to miss.

In some ways he was fortunate to get a debut last week. If that is to be it for Gus in 2024 I’m just rapt that he managed to perform extremely well and give himself the best possible chance of staying on the list.

I think Stocker for his own career needs to develop as a tagging mid. Hope that they don't throw him back. His kicking isn't good enough for the backline and you'd rather a bit more pace in a small defender. I think his best chance at a long term career is as an accountable defensive mid/ tagger.

Yes, returning first 22 players means McLennan is likely to miss.

In some ways he was fortunate to get a debut last week. If that is to be it for Gus in 2024 I’m just rapt that he managed to perform extremely well and give himself the best possible chance of staying on the list.

It would be rough on him but maybe a taste is better than a run any way. Ari looked great in his first match but in his last match he looked a bit lost. If we'd given him a taste and kept him desperate for more, perhaps it would have been better long term.

I think Stocker for his own career needs to develop as a tagging mid. Hope that they don't throw him back. His kicking isn't good enough for the backline and you'd rather a bit more pace in a small defender. I think his best chance at a long term career is as an accountable defensive mid/ tagger.
I couldn't disagree with that anymore.

We like to play 2 smaller defenders and Webster is 31 this year. There is absolute a long term position as a small back available for Stocker if he shows the form. While tagging mids are in vogue, they aren't needed against every team and we already have others who have shown capability doing that role.

I also dont recall many moments where Stockers disposal has been in issue in the backline. He might not be an elite kick but he's also not terrible. We have enough genuinely elite kicks in the backline in distribute the ball that having a player like Stocker doesnt really hurt. As long as he stays in his lane and doesnt try to be Nas, his disposal is fine.

How many sides play 2 genuine rucks ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who cares and the kid does play forward quite a lot in the vfl. What have we got to loose, we’re playing for nothing in fact it would be amusing to loose just for the melts.

Who cares and the kid does play forward quite a lot in the vfl. What have we got to loose, we’re playing for nothing in fact it would be amusing to loose just for the melts.
So who do you take out of thee forward, Camaniti,Sharman or Membrey all have been performing ok apart from last week & Caminti is our 2nd ruck at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back