Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 22 - Richmond Tigers v St Kilda Saints, Marvel Stadium, Sunday, Sunday Sunday 11th August 3:20pm

Oh My

• Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Magpies

• Bears

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Crows

• Eagles

• Swans

• Hawks

• Dogs

• Cats (in general)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kangaroo

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better than serviceable and not a mid like the guys you've mentioned. Crouch looks done, Ross is done and Jones plays about 6 games a year in the last 2 years. Bonner has played every game he's available for and is part of our very good rebound / wing lines.

I'd say he's a better player than guys like Stocker and Byrnes who are higher rated on here. I'd be extremely surprised if they don't re-contract him. I'd say he's been an absolute win for the club. He'd be on absolute minimum chips and out performed and cost zero trade or draft capital.

If we got rid of list cloggers this year we wouldn't field a side. Next year we will be very young with those guys you mentioned plus Battle, Membrey, Howard, Campbell etc all potentially gone. I reckon he'd be extremely unlikely to be going anywhere.

gringo2011 You must be shattered your boy Bonner has been dropped.

Not a good time of the year to be dropped when you're out of contract.

So who do you take out of thee forward, Camaniti,Sharman or Membrey all have been performing ok apart from last week & Caminti is our 2nd ruck at the moment.
While I agree we may be too tall on paper. Maybe someone is due for a rest.

I’d like to see Heath and/or Keeler get a taste before year end. Much less to lose giving them a debut now vs in a game in the first half next year when we are pushing to play finals.

Bonner was in the original selected side last week. McLennan came in for Byrnes at the last minutes.
In all likelihood, McLennan will join Bonner in the outs later today as Clark returning means Stocker shouldn't need to spend all game in the midfield.
That's my point. Byrnes goes out, Bonner gets moved to his role. McLennan comes in to play Bonner's role and clearly does it better

Byrnes returns this week and replaces Bonner. McLennan was the only one of our seven defenders last week to concede 0 goals to his direct matchup. If he gets dropped then something is wrong

I think Stocker for his own career needs to develop as a tagging mid. Hope that they don't throw him back. His kicking isn't good enough for the backline and you'd rather a bit more pace in a small defender. I think his best chance at a long term career is as an accountable defensive mid/ tagger.
I hope Stocker can develop into an Ollie Wines - big body mid who wins clearances and bullies players at the contest. Good overhead which gives him a point of difference around the ground

That’s not right Bonner was in the side last week & McLennan came in for Byrnes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oh so McLennan played Byrnes' role on the wing? It's a bit more complex than you think

gringo2011 You must be shattered your boy Bonner has been dropped.

Not a good time of the year to be dropped when you're out of contract.

If he's done he's done I'm not attached to him. He had a shit game last week and deserved to be dropped. He had a decent year overall and wouldn't at all be surprised if he's given another year. List spots are tight and with Peckett showing form they get even tighter. Either way if he's gone it's probably a good sign that spots are getting that tight.

He is obviously not named this week but do we think we are going to see Isaac Keeler get to debut this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also a pole?

There is a poll at the top of the thread as well?

The former has been taken down

1mJoPad.jpeg

Clark and Byrnes in for Bonner and Dow.

Nice to see McLennan wasn't dropped. It would have been a bit rough to come in as a late change for an 85 point loss and then go straight back to Sandy the next week.

Yep, good to see he was retained. and it was Dow to then join Bonner in the outs probably is just a conditioning thing.

What a disappointing year from Dow. I know injury has been a factor, but he has shown nothing.

Even his VFL form has regressed from his time at Blues.

Yeah to be honest was hoping for more.

No pre season ruined his year. Hopefully gets a clear run next year.

Dow, Crouch, Henry were meant to form a large part of our midfield this year....didn't quite work out

Yeah to be honest was hoping for more.

No pre season ruined his year. Hopefully gets a clear run next year.

Dow, Crouch, Henry were meant to form a large part of our midfield this year....didn't quite work out
We keep hiring players that spend most of the time in rehab. Ami Winehouse would be really disappointed.

Dow is a dud despite not having a pre-season... a good player will shine through. Stop making excuses for him
Crouch, I rated him highly at Adelaide. I hope he comes good before his use-by date.
Henry is a wow factor player. Sky's the limit

Favourite football animal I think Baz

Another winner.

So we've had thus far the Wizard of Oz guessed for the quote for the poll.
Now we've had it equated to clubs with animal mascots as stated in the OP to be quite literal, and since the Bears merged with the Lions and we played them twice now, they got added twice since we played both iterations.

Isn't this more fun than speculating if Richmond will win a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back