Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillipou probably back this week

Hayes was the best performer at VFL level by far out of the key forwards, just a question of whether he has the fitness or not. Ross has spoken strongly of giving the OOC guys to prove themselves before season's end

Also think there could be a surprise for a sub selection. Max Hall was great on the weekend and maybe we're keen to see him at AFL level especially since Sandy don't have a game this weekend. He'd make a good super-sub. Hastie also an option. Realistically its probably Dow or Paton:expressionless:

In: Hayes, Phillipou
Out: Caminiti, Hill

Sub: Dow

Jones and Wilson to play more wing. Garcia to take some of Dow's midfield mins and some of Wilson's fwd mins. Pou to take remaining Jones & Dow midfield minutes
Max hall was great , it was ok more than great

"HOLD THE PRESSES"

"BATTLE STATIONS:

Bad choice of words with the above 2 words given the current climate.

TRAINING ALERT:

The final 2 sessions for this season are as follows:

Wed and Friday at approx 10.30 am.

Where did that season go ???????

For those planning to attend either of them.......grab yourself a coffee and Roast Beef toastie........the Ham and Brie toastie aint too bad either.

After this week......I believe that the players will go on a 10 week recess.......returning for the pre xmas training block Mon Nov 4th.

That is all.
Cheers Watto, may get down for one of them, but may cool my jets for a big pre season

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Caminiti (shoulder), Hill (back)
In: Allison, Phillipou

Webster to sub with Garcia getting a full game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

God we need to beat these paper bag toting cheating flogs and see Freo win.
Nothing will bring me more joy than seeing the epic melts on there board knowing what we helped do to them
It's funny they think they were the reason Pies miss finals - they handed them 2 wins this year, essentially helping them almost make finals.

WE beat them, so can I say we're the reason they miss? haha

Random fact:

Our record since Hunter Clark returned to the senior team (round 13 vs West Coast) is 7-3.

Hunter averages 9.9 contested possessions a game with only Steele and Roma having more. Pretty decent impact for a bloke averaging 62% TOG.

Think he has played an underrated role in our midfields improvement in the second half of the year.

He's an enigma, isn't he?
Class and poise, but too slow?
Courage and drive, but too soft?
Vision and sense, but pole-axed to Olympic levels.
Vital and desperately needed in a weak midfield, but barely more than half a game on the ground.

On my Seb farewell game post... hands up who thinks he's getting offered a deal for next year?

If he's not on the list for next year, he deserves a farewell game.
Yes. Let's not do a Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny they think they were the reason Pies miss finals - they handed them 2 wins this year, essentially helping them almost make finals.

WE beat them, so can I say we're the reason they miss? haha
The pies can be put a lot down to luck.
They sure as buggery were on the right side of it in close games last year
This year was a correction of sorts

Random fact:

Our record since Hunter Clark returned to the senior team (round 13 vs West Coast) is 7-3.

Hunter averages 9.9 contested possessions a game with only Steele and Roma having more. Pretty decent impact for a bloke averaging 62% TOG.

Think he has played an underrated role in our midfields improvement in the second half of the year.
If Clark can have a big pre-season solely focused on improving his tank and can get up to 75% TOG, he could genuinely become such a good player if he can start getting involved more in the kick-mark play. He's a great kick especially when relieved of pressure, would love to see more of that next year onward if he can average 4.5+ marks rather than the 2.4 this year. He's already a solid contest player. Can see a bit of Noah Anderson in him except with a better leg

On my Seb farewell game post... hands up who thinks he's getting offered a deal for next year?

If he's not on the list for next year, he deserves a farewell game.
Seb spoke to the 40+ year members last week. Said he was back running (5K) but would not be fit to play this year but would be ready for the pre-season.

F**k a draft pick. I want to win.

yeah im in that boat now too
lets hope freo get up at home with and port having a shithouse game
Give Hugo a full game or I’m gonna sook it up even more than usual
thats a lotta sooking
but agreed
give him a full one
if he tires a bit near the end maybe sub him out

...and them missing finals

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Status
Not open for further replies.