Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope they fix Hammers shoulder properly and do the full rehab.
He will be a really good forward for 10 years.
Really? That's a bit odd, I think the rest of us were hoping that they'd half-arse it and **** up most of his next season! ;)

At this point I don’t think it’s possible we will have access to Draper even if we get smacked and I’m just as happy with any other player in the top 10. Let’s ****ing embarrass this rabble

He’s looking forward to pre season

Yes Ross was talking lie he will be doing pre-season when he, Hayes and Misson spoke at a club function for 40+ year members overlapping with training at RSEA last week that I attended.

Whether the club offers it who knows. But Misson seemed comfortable with how Ross was talking.

If Crouch's knee is no good that may give Ross and/or Jones a lifeline for next year.

North shows how hard it is to play a season with too many kids, and that is with them having an abundance of top end youth.

Last edited:
Phillipou probably back this week

Hayes was the best performer at VFL level by far out of the key forwards, just a question of whether he has the fitness or not. Ross has spoken strongly of giving the OOC guys to prove themselves before season's end

Also think there could be a surprise for a sub selection. Max Hall was great on the weekend and maybe we're keen to see him at AFL level especially since Sandy don't have a game this weekend. He'd make a good super-sub. Hastie also an option. Realistically its probably Dow or Paton:expressionless:

In: Hayes, Phillipou
Out: Caminiti, Hill

Sub: Dow

Jones and Wilson to play more wing. Garcia to take some of Dow's midfield mins and some of Wilson's fwd mins. Pou to take remaining Jones & Dow midfield minutes
Hall picked up an injury over the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we win comfortably, that champion data guy said we are the worst possible matchup for the Blues, complete opposite game style. Haha Onya Sainters. I just can’t see us losing.

And if we do, better pick(s). Win/win

Also looking forward to Essendon getting served a 100+ point loss this weekend…. North can have another one too. Good times indeed.

I reckon we win comfortably, that champion data guy said we are the worst possible matchup for the Blues, complete opposite game style. Haha Onya Sainters. I just can’t see us losing.

Also looking forward to Essendon getting served a 100+ point loss this weekend…. North can have another one too. Good times indeed.

Confucius say:
They will be the moth....we will be the flame.

OK Confucius didn't say that ..he said lots of stuff but it was in ancient Chinese so i told him to STFU.

They’re (Carlton fans) saying some not very nice things about our beloved football club in their preview thread.
Must win.

That's fine, we have spoons to bake goodies with, meanwhile they have paper bags to hide their ugly visage, boxes to hide their ill gotten gains and they can piss back off to the concrete confines of past glory cause you suck balls in the AFL era, shame.
Disappointed Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

They’re (Carlton fans) saying some not very nice things about our beloved football club in their preview thread.
Must win.
I have to fess up and say I ventured onto their forum last night.....first time I'd visited an oppo forum all season.

Firstly.....their arrogance is absolutely breathe taking......we may as well not turn up.

Secondly..........every 5th post mentioned the "aints".....haven't seen that term in regard to us for quite a while.

The usual suspects trotted out......."boutique club....irrelevant......aints.......nothing to worry about ......an ordinary foward line.....Ross will refer to his usual defensive tactics...etc ...etc"

Who do they think they are....Norf fans bagging us about "no mans land" etc etc.

Anyway....sticks and stones ....you know the drill.

Having said that....I hope we smash em.

Must win.
They're shitting their pants about the prospect of missing finals after having the lid completely off all year. You love to see it.

Just remember John Elliott wanted us booted out of the league, then merge (takeover) us, all the while paying players with cash in paper bags and covering up illegal activities of countless Carlton players.

There isn't any club in world sport I despise more than Carlton. The most underperformed club in the AFL era, surprisingly enough since cheating has been taken seriously by the AFL. Yet their utter arrogance remains intolerable.

I hope we beat them by a point after the siren with a horrific umpiring decision. Then I hope like hell Freo beat Port straight after us in exactly the same way.

Will be a nice way to see out the season.

Last edited:

Need to see a new tactic- the Saints midfield turn up before half time.

Need to see a new tactic- the Saints midfield turn up before half time.
Actually thought they were pretty good in the 2nd qtr. Copped a couple of unlucky bounces late in the qtr that let the Cats out.

Stocker was good - used his strength to move Cats mids off the ball which gave us a chance to win a clearance. That's the role for Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back