Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This loser talk is why we have only one premiership.
Yep. Never once heard Collingwood talking about tanking. They try to win each and every game they play. It's part of the reason they win so many close games. They never give up. It's also why they've got so many supporters.

I'm no fanboy of theirs but I admire their will to win. Losing isn't in their DNA. Clearly it has manifested itself in a lot of our supporters.

Yep. Never once heard Collingwood talking about tanking. They try to win each and every game they play. It's part of the reason they win so many close games. They never give up. It's also why they've got so many supporters.

I'm no fanboy of theirs but I admire their will to win. Losing isn't in their DNA. Clearly it has manifested itself in a lot of our supporters.
Whilst I don’t totally disagree here, they’ve also been given handout after handout, generous fixturing, father/sons out the wazoo and the ability to eat at the big boy table whilst we’ve been left with scraps.
Not sure they’ve had the same issues we have so comparing us to them is a waste of time.

Ok let’s compare us to Collingwood…..

F/S coming out their ears over the years….. vs none.
Huge marquee games…...vs none.
Favourable draw every single year…..vs, well just check out ours this season.

The ONE year we’re in a position to get the best we can out of a draft, we need to do what we can to help ourselves, bc heaven knows we get nothing from the AFL.

(Realise I’ve just pretty much paraphrased Pardon me - I guess what they say about great minds is true 🤣)

Say and think what you like. But.

Winning is losing.
Losing is winning.

It’s extremely unfortunate we’ve been put in this position. Carlton arn’t winning a flag. So WGAF.

5 or 7.

Whilst I don’t totally disagree here, they’ve also been given handout after handout, generous fixturing, father/sons out the wazoo and the ability to eat at the big boy table whilst we’ve been left with scraps.
Not sure they’ve had the same issues we have so comparing us to them is a waste of time.

That goes right back to the olden days too before the draft came in.

We weren't tanking for draft picks when we won all those spoons back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, tough to rebuild then.

It was the same old big clubs dominating back then too like Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon along with Fitzroy.

It's a miracle we didn't fold like University, we must have had some influential supporters to stay in the competition.

Geeze I don't think I've ever truly wanted us to lose a game before but the way the cards have fallen, beating Carlton does a whole lot more harm than good.

Picks 5 and 6 vs 7 and 8. Bottom 6 fixture for 2025 vs mid tier fixture... unfortunately I think we're going to smash them

the old Pink Ralph Loren polo and the ed hardy dragon jeans were my go to when smashing the local dance floors back in the day.

bit of mud in the blonde tips and everything was right in the world haha

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pulling the ladies in Ryan’s hotel like a stud I bet. Down to the club in a church for a few drunk single mums if a few JD and cokes hadn’t done their work,

game day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back