2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

that game highlighted the depth of this draft. Genuine guns all over the field, but no one standing above the pack to claim they are the best player in the land.

After today I would say smillie and O'Sullivan have came back to the pack, and join the likes of Smith, Lalor, Murphy Reid, trainor, Langford, travaglia, Lombard, Ashcroft and Draper.

that game highlighted the depth of this draft. Genuine guns all over the field, but no one standing above the pack to claim they are the best player in the land.

After today I would say smillie and O'Sullivan have came back to the pack, and join the likes of Smith, Lalor, Murphy Reid, trainor, Langford, travaglia, Lombard, Ashcroft and Draper.
Smilie will feed his #1 campaign in the Nab League.

Sorting the rest out from each other will show the quality of recruiters from here.

I have no idea who I prefer at our pick after these champs. I feel like it's a good year having pick 4/5 instead of 1 or 2, let the other clubs make the decisions and see who is left.

My preferences in order , which will change as I am more unsure then ever now.

1-smith
2-smillie
3-Reid
4-O'Sullivan
5-lalor
6-draper
7-Langford
8-travaglia
9-trainor

Add Lombard and Ashcroft who we can't have, plus maybe Armstrong, that's probably the top 12 leading group imo.

I have no idea who I prefer at our pick after these champs. I feel like it's a good year having pick 4/5 instead of 1 or 2, let the other clubs make the decisions and see who is left.

My preferences in order , which will change as I am more unsure then ever now.

1-smith
2-smillie
3-Reid
4-O'Sullivan
5-lalor
6-draper
7-Langford
8-travaglia
9-trainor

Add Lombard and Ashcroft who we can't have, plus maybe Armstrong, that's probably the top 12 leading group imo.
I still have major doubts over Reid's upside at AFL level. What is his standout attribute? Same for Langford to a lesser extent. All the others have one; Smith - positioning, Smillie - size, FOS - running ability, Lalor - power, Draper - burst, Travaglia - speed & height etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have major doubts over Reid's upside at AFL level. What is his standout attribute? Same for Langford to a lesser extent. All the others have one; Smith - positioning, Smillie - size, FOS - running ability, Lalor - power, Draper - burst, Travaglia - speed & height etc.

Reid hunts the ball & wins his own

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes I'm unsure if Reid makes it as a midfielder at afl level, he is on the smaller side and not very quick. What he does have in spades his excellent kicking skills, great decision making, and moves in and out of traffic with time and space like a Pendlebury or probably more Hunter Clark like. He is definitely a better inside player then billings though.

Langford is pretty well rounded, but maybe no stand out attribute. Kicks well, strong overhead, can win the footy on the inside, but equally adept on the outside. Seems to have a reasonable tank, and at the end of the day, has football smarts, which is something you can't teach.

Yes I'm unsure if Reid makes it as a midfielder at afl level, he is on the smaller side and not very quick. What he does have in spades his excellent kicking skills, great decision making, and moves in and out of traffic with time and space like a Pendlebury or probably more Hunter Clark like. He is definitely a better inside player then billings though.

Langford is pretty well rounded, but maybe no stand out attribute. Kicks well, strong overhead, can win the footy on the inside, but equally adept on the outside. Seems to have a reasonable tank, and at the end of the day, has football smarts, which is something you can't teach.
I just feel like the game has gone past those slow but skillful midfield types, none of the top mids at AFL level are like that, they all either have; electric speed, Cripps/Bont-like size or Neale-like contest ability

Langford would be a good role player, not much more imo. B-grader is his ceiling so probably a late teens pick

I think youā€™re right. They could do something like last year. Get another third rounder and trade that and our third for a second.
If we got Band 1.

We have 3 in the top 25.

Iā€™d be looking to see how we can use our cap space to buy more picks.

Difference is obvious size pendles and bont is 190cm+ which separates them. Looks like a good player but a lot more upside with others Iā€™d say. More then likely a Half back/neat user at afl level then a starting midfielder (youā€™d want at our pick)

Difference is obvious size pendles and bont is 190cm+ which separates them. Looks like a good player but a lot more upside with others Iā€™d say. More then likely a Half back/neat user at afl level then a starting midfielder (youā€™d want at our pick)
Yeah Cal Twomey said Reid is likely to start his AFL career at half back. Very similar to Hunts imo and I don't want another version of him haha

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back