2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

So looking at Coates League results from today

Smillie best on for Eastern (in a win)

Langford kicked 4 in a Dandenong 10pt win ... named best for Dande ... Hynes also named in best ... Gippsland lost but had 5 more scoring shots

Oakleigh bt Sandy by 39pts .... no info on Oakleigh players .... Cole named in best for Sandy ... Reid not named in best

GWVR lost to Geelong but no info on the Rebel players (Lalor)

More from the same thread :handpointdown:

Watched bits and pieces of the Bendigo/Murray game.

Jobe Shanahan BOG kicking 6.2 from 16 disposals and 6 marks. Handed another easy goal off too.

Travaglia was a bit quieter than usual but got forward for a couple goals.

Matt & Jack Whitlock played good games. Jack played more up the ground while Matt played closer to goal.

So looking at Coates League results from today

Smillie best on for Eastern (in a win)

Langford kicked 4 in a Dandenong 10pt win ... named best for Dande ... Hynes also named in best ... Gippsland lost but had 5 more scoring shots

Oakleigh bt Sandy by 39pts .... no info on Oakleigh players .... Cole named in best for Sandy ... Reid not named in best

GWVR lost to Geelong but no info on the Rebel players (Lalor)
Peckett 1.2 from 20 touches. Played up the ground a bit.

Pick 8 on Cooper Hynes rated outside the top 20 would be an all time blunder might as well split the pick if we do that

Mate go and watch the kid play, it would be no blunder because other supposed pundits rated him higher. As an example in the year 2017 Clark and Coffield were selected he would have gone as high as pick 2 -5. We are fortunate this year the depth is very good.

Hynes would be a decent pick but I would still have Langford ahead as a genuine mid and hopefully the other pick is someone with speed. The best result for us is to lose tomorrow and get picks 5 & 6 and then have a wider selection choice.

More from the same thread :handpointdown:

Watched bits and pieces of the Bendigo/Murray game.

Jobe Shanahan BOG kicking 6.2 from 16 disposals and 6 marks. Handed another easy goal off too.

Travaglia was a bit quieter than usual but got forward for a couple goals.

Matt & Jack Whitlock played good games. Jack played more up the ground while Matt played closer to goal.
Shanahan must now be pushing top 10? Loads of goals in the VFL is impressive.

Mate go and watch the kid play, it would be no blunder because other supposed pundits rated him higher. As an example in the year 2017 Clark and Coffield were selected he would have gone as high as pick 2 -5. We are fortunate this year the depth is very good.

Hynes would be a decent pick but I would still have Langford ahead as a genuine mid and hopefully the other pick is someone with speed. The best result for us is to lose tomorrow and get picks 5 & 6 and then have a wider selection choice.

Really don’t rate Hynes, disposal is lacking. In a midfield heavy draft you would want to pick the only one rated behind the pack? If it was up to me Id be giving up whatever assets we need to walk away with FOS and Lalor whether that means giving up 5+6 (or 7+8) and a Future 1st. It’s about time we put it on the line and got the best two in the draft. We won’t get another opportunity to do this after we bounce next year. Whatever happens next year we won’t be bottom 5.

Really don’t rate Hynes, disposal is lacking. In a midfield heavy draft you would want to pick the only one rated behind the pack? If it was up to me Id be giving up whatever assets we need to walk away with FOS and Lalor whether that means giving up 5+6 (or 7+8) and a Future 1st. It’s about time we put it on the line and got the best two in the draft. We won’t get another opportunity to do this after we bounce next year. Whatever happens next year we won’t be bottom 5.

Lets put our balls on the line for once to get what could be the best talent in the draft instead of hedging our bets with these off main street picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor game-high 25 disposals and a goal

Langford 33 disposals and 4 goals in a team that won by 10 points

PLEASE LOSE TOMORROW OR I’LL LOSE MY SHIT (if I haven’t already)
If it helps, go and read the 2021 draft thread. Almost everyone losing their minds when we took Nas over Hobbs. Fretting that we would take Mac Andrew if he slid to our pick. Poking fun at GWS for reaching for Leek Aleer at 15. Or the 2022 thread, all giddy with excitement over Elijah Tsatas, our long-awaited midfield saviour, until Dodo snatched him from our grasp.

The groupthink on here will drive you insane. Repeat their names often enough and Lalor and Langford become Petracca and Bont when they might as well be Perkins and Cox. Who knows how they are going to progress? Certainly not worth losing sleep over, nor the chance to end Carlton's season.

Either way we'll be getting some decent prospects and need an ounce of luck with their development. Every chance the best player in this draft (in hindsight) will still be available at our picks. I'd be a lot more anxious about forcing out a head recruiter who was consistently nailing picks than sliding down the draft order. Play it as it lies and take the silver linings if they come.

Lets put our balls on the line for once to get what could be the best talent in the draft instead of hedging our bets with these off main street picks
Phillapou Wilson and Naz?

That don’t do it for you ?

Naz and Pou in particular.

Remember the crap we got for taking Naz.

Will leave, too soft . People also need to understand that Dalrympal has a specific style. He’s not afraid to take players randomly, and take guy with high scope.

As I said Travaglia screams Daleympal.

If it helps, go and read the 2021 draft thread. Almost everyone losing their minds when we took Nas over Hobbs. Fretting that we would take Mac Andrew if he slid to our pick. Poking fun at GWS for reaching for Leek Aleer at 15. Or the 2022 thread, all giddy with excitement over Elijah Tsatas, our long-awaited midfield saviour, until Dodo snatched him from our grasp.

The groupthink on here will drive you insane. Repeat their names often enough and Lalor and Langford become Petracca and Bont when they might as well be Perkins and Cox. Who knows how they are going to progress? Certainly not worth losing sleep over, nor the chance to end Carlton's season.

Either way we'll be getting some decent prospects and need an ounce of luck with their development. Every chance the best player in this draft (in hindsight) will still be available at our picks. I'd be a lot more anxious about forcing out a head recruiter who was consistently nailing picks than sliding down the draft order. Play it as it lies and take the silver linings if they come.
Can't remember either except for one or two wanting Hobbs, nobody lost it over NAZ almost everyone wanted Pou and were wrapt
But cool story...

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't remember either except for one or two wanting Hobbs, nobody lost it over NAZ almost everyone wanted Pou and were wrapt
But cool story...

No there were quite a few who were not happy with Naz,

In the media too.

The point is that we took guys with ‘question marks’ but took them as the most talented.

But cool story...

It's literally all there in the thread. This might be a good place to start.

BTW I am not trying to specifically pot you here - I didn't want us to pick him either. Credit to you for getting behind him right away even if he wasn't the player you wanted. Goes to show it's not worth getting too hung up on things

Last edited:

This!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back