2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Dattoli BOG again for Northern today in a huge upset win over Eastern. Smillie in the best for Eastern.

Jesse would be available for our second and has this season progressed to a ft mid, extracting and superb kicking off both feet. When he starts building his tank to max potential, he will be a star.

Real Travis Boak vibes imo

A Dylan Moore type for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d still like to use 25 and F1st to get 15 & 16 (or similar)…grab Dodson and Hynes.

7 & 8 and these 2…job done
I'd like Gross at one of those picks, maybe not so versatile , but most of our other young players are.

If there's even a hint that Smilie's work rate is not up to scratch we cannot take him at our picks. There's enough evidence out there that talented kids that don't work hard enough have a low strike rate. It's a big gamble to take on the penny dropping with a top 8 pick

Once kids get into a professional environment these things are quickly addressed.

Trust our development team… they’ve done a fantastic job over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Coast will definitely be looking to move those on, no way they survive a Lombard bid.
Will they have balls enough to go for an earlier pick, or will they shift them into next year?
Would we take 20 for our next years first?

Unfortunately they get their info from here.

That was
Big Fish GIF by Amiaud

Thankfully people got salty and shipped him off though.

If we do that everyone in the recruitment team should be taken out the back and shot :)
What do you think our next years first is worth?
Clue: StKilda took a future first and 2 x second round picks in exchange for pick 10 in 2016.

What do you think our next years first is worth?
Clue: StKilda took a future first and 2 x second round picks in exchange for pick 10 in 2016.

Would expect our Future First would be in the range of Pick 6 - 12 next year. Whether next year’s draft pick 6-12 is worth a top 10 this year depends on the club.

If we can get a pick inside the top 10 this year then we snap their hand off and go all in on finishing as high as possible next year

Yeah, by all accounts next years draft pool isn’t great the there Tassie to deal with. Beating Carlton was fun but really would have been handy having 5 and 6 and nabbing a Smillie or Langford. Now we’re praying for sliders
Yes….it had me scratching my head …so now we pray for crumbs and players t slip instead on controlling our own destiny..anyhoo we move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would expect our Future First would be in the range of Pick 6 - 12 next year. Whether next year’s draft pick 6-12 is worth a top 10 this year depends on the club.

If we can get a pick inside the top 10 this year then we snap their hand off and go all in on finishing as high as possible next year
Could be a chance if richmond get all the picks they reckon they will. They won’t want to take them all in this draft

Yeah, by all accounts next years draft pool isn’t great the there Tassie to deal with. Beating Carlton was fun but really would have been handy having 5 and 6 and nabbing a Smillie or Langford. Now we’re praying for sliders
Looks like you've got, in no order
1. Smith
2. O'Sullivan
3. Smillie
4. Lalor
5. Langford
6. Draper
7. Reid
8. Trainor

Without taking into account that there could easily be bolters before the draft, if we have 7/8 we are guaranteed two of those players. Looks like a good spot to be in.

Yeah but imagine throwing that game and then drafting two busts as we watch picks 7 and 8 become superstars.

A relative of mine is involved with Coates League so I’ll see if there’s any useful info floating about. Smillie in particular is one I can’t quite figure out for myself

We lack speed around the ball but have buckets of it when it is flicked out wide.

Hares like Sinclair, Henry, Hill, NWM etc.

Our trouble is actually getting our hands on the thing during clearance. That’s why the possibility of Smillie sliding to us is just incredible.

Smilie was so shit in the champs I have a hard time rating him. He’s real boom or bust to me. I prefer others just for the risk. I can’t see Lyon loving a big guy who hasn’t got a massive tank even if he is a bull either.

We definitely need more inside ball winning but probably not at the expense of run. Garcia looks a contested player, Phillipou in between. Windhager a bit inside/ outside. Henry can win his own ball but better out in space.

Without knowing how the club rates those guys hard to predict the preferences.

A couple other lower focus names that look good for Sandy - Bailey McKenzie, Sulzberger, Harry Oliver (although he’s considered top 25), and Zach Travers. Hoffman has done some decent things other than being quite poor with hands on the deck.

Sulzberger looks good but rarely see him in phantom drafts. He’s looking like a real Hugo Garcia type. I think he might have won a player of the round even.

Smilie was so shit in the champs I have a hard time rating him. He’s real boom or bust to me. I prefer others just for the risk. I can’t see Lyon loving a big guy who hasn’t got a massive tank even if he is a bull either.

We definitely need more inside ball winning but probably not at the expense of run. Garcia looks a contested player, Phillipou in between. Windhager a bit inside/ outside. Henry can win his own ball but better out in space.

From the highlights the one that stands out for me is Langford. Looks quick and a piercing left foot, nice size at 190cm.

Seems like it will be a fascinating draft.

Will they have balls enough to go for an earlier pick, or will they shift them into next year?
Would we take 20 for our next years first?

SOS did that when he drafted Stocker in 2018.

Carlton swapped a future first with Adelaide (Blues were wooden spooner in 2018).

Wasn’t Smilie ill?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back