2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Dattoli BOG again for Northern today in a huge upset win over Eastern. Smillie in the best for Eastern.

Jesse would be available for our second and has this season progressed to a ft mid, extracting and superb kicking off both feet. When he starts building his tank to max potential, he will be a star.

Real Travis Boak vibes imo

No one in their right mind is passing on Trainor to reach for a mid they might rate 10 places below him on talent. We need mids and yes we’ve needed them for years but we have other needs as well. With back to back picks it will all depend on who we rate and who’s there. Surely we’re a near certainty to take a mid with pick seven after that I’m not so sure.

We have a trade period to get through first, what if we managed to get Peatling and McRae. If Trainor was still on the board are you going to pass on him ?.
Just watching some Dragons. Even though we want mids, Trainor is still a jet.

A couple other lower focus names that look good for Sandy - Bailey McKenzie, Sulzberger, Harry Oliver (although he’s considered top 25), and Zach Travers. Hoffman has done some decent things other than being quite poor with hands on the deck.

Jesse Dattoli BOG again for Northern today in a huge upset win over Eastern. Smillie in the best for Eastern.

Jesse would be available for our second and has this season progressed to a ft mid, extracting and superb kicking off both feet. When he starts building his tank to max potential, he will be a star.

Real Travis Boak vibes imo
So clever

Is there an actual chance he could slide? Would be like Pou all over again.
Happens more than you'd think in drafts, clubs decide they have a higher priority than a slider, especially when there's a big question mark. Joel Selwood, Brodie Grundy, Charlie Curnow, Tim English, Matthew Johnson, Daniel Curtain last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smilie is a beast and if we land him we should be over the moon. The only knock on him is some lacklustre effort in the back half of the season but l believe he was also playing injured. It's a bit of clutchingat straws IMHO.
Who knows the real truth, but all that top group of about 7-8 players are very worthy.

Im sorry Scrappy I completely disagree!

I think Smillie is a big clumsy outside mid who is hugely over rated. Apart from his size which he rarely uses he has no real outstanding features. He can take a decent contested mark, but is generally matched up by players half his size. He can also accumulate possession numbers but doesnt really hurt the opposition, there would be at least 10 players ahead of him on my board. IMO he is everything we dont need in our midfield - in his case its the old saying "size aint everything".

On todays outing you would have Dattoli well ahead of Smillie in ratings.

Thres absolutely no option except totally nail those two picks..and Im talking Bont/Petracca/Cripps/Neale level of nailing, not Clark/Coffield. Yes they were earlier pics but tha'ts the level of player we need to get. Actual elite not good or OK or "has the potential to be anything"

One more draft after this then Tassie, where we can kiss any high picks goodbye for 3 years

Ummm it depends who's in the draft.

Garcia and Pou look inside and we will most likely get at least one in this draft. Windy comes on and then later picks, recruiting for FA etc and you have plenty of them at Sandy. Can only play 2 true inside only types. One and a couple of subs. Dow and Henry pushing up, even Nas could move on ball

One thing good about Garcia and Phillipou is that they aren't middle or nowhere sorts of players.
If the ball is moving quickly, you cant have your best ball winners at every contest, so versatile players are damn handy.

Im sorry Scrappy I completely disagree!

I think Smillie is a big clumsy outside mid who is hugely over rated. Apart from his size which he rarely uses he has no real outstanding features. He can take a decent contested mark, but is generally matched up by players half his size. He can also accumulate possession numbers but doesnt really hurt the opposition, there would be at least 10 players ahead of him on my board. IMO he is everything we dont need in our midfield - in his case its the old saying "size aint everything".

On todays outing you would have Dattoli well ahead of Smillie in ratings.
Fair enough, we all see different things and you never really know how it's gonna pan out. I don't have high opinions on Reid yet some think he's the next coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back