2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking out Collard from last year the rest of them are animals. Reid just don't fit.
Comparisons with Hunter on visuales only but Hunts was always a tough unit with exquisite phone box work to cover his detriments.
Reid has great vision, I'll give him that. But the package isn't right.

Should you be checking out his package?

Taking out Collard from last year the rest of them are animals. Reid just don't fit.
Comparisons with Hunter on visuales only but Hunts was always a tough unit with exquisite phone box work to cover his detriments.
Careful, the “good judge of talent” man will come for you for this

A mate who watched him on the weekend says he is an absolute competitive animal.

They tried to get someone to be physical with him and he was telling the bloke how much he loved shit like that.

Was proper giving lip back to the oppo and getting physical.

Mate reckons you could take him at any pick in the top 10 and that club would probably be happy.

(Sounds nothing like Billings which I guess is where both our concerns are deep rooted)

A mate who watched him on the weekend says he is an absolute competitive animal.

They tried to get someone to be physical with him and he was telling the bloke how much he loved shit like that.

Was proper giving lip back to the oppo and getting physical.

Mate reckons you could take him at any pick in the top 10 and that club would probably be happy.

(Sounds nothing like Billings which I guess is where both our concerns are deep rooted)
My No1 issue is his disposal under pressure. All too often it's a dinky loopy little handball that gets you slaughtered in AFL. His kicking suffers similarly. So not suitable for grunt work and too slow for outside, not special overhead or at ground level. Where do you play him?
He's an Alpha Romeo.

7 year of my life I've wasted in this joint and l haven't met the kent yet.
I could count on one hand posters who know their ****hole from their elbow and sadly Persey has long since left us for better life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My No1 issue is his disposal under pressure. All too often it's a dinky loopy little handball that gets you slaughtered in AFL. His kicking suffers similarly. So not suitable for grunt work and too slow for outside, not special overhead or at ground level. Where do you play him?
He's an Alpha Romeo.
I hate his backward handballs under no pressure, those are the ones that really put me off. Then as you said, the hospital loop handballs. His kicking is pretty vanilla too, haven’t seen him hit any exceptional kicks that make me consider him an above average kick

He will 100% start his career at half back. Question is whether he’ll be stuck there for the rest of his career

I hate his backward handballs under no pressure, those are the ones that really put me off. Then as you said, the hospital loop handballs. His kicking is pretty vanilla too, haven’t seen him hit any exceptional kicks that make me consider him an above average kick

He will 100% start his career at half back. Question is whether he’ll be stuck there for the rest of his career
I think he kicks superbly to targets, giving them space to move, but the worry is that’s much harder to do in the AFL with the lack space anywhere. You really need to kick darts.

I think he kicks superbly to targets, giving them space to move, but the worry is that’s much harder to do in the AFL with the lack space anywhere. You really need to kick darts.
Jagga does the same type of kicks and most peoples wrists sound like cement makers after watching his games/Highlights.

Everyone considers Hunter Clark a good kick, but we all know that Nas is on another level. Thats kind of the difference with Reid, good kick but not exceptional

I’m starting to prepare myself for him arriving. I won’t hate the club but I’ll be slightly annoyed. I’d be hoping he turns out to be a Lachie Neale - just purely a contested ball machine who doesn’t really do much else. Will rarely burst out of packs like Warner and Butters, and will rarely fend off opponents like Dusty, Trac, LDU, JDG, but can always be trusted to rack up 25+ touches, 10+ contested possessions, 7+ clearances

Jagga does the same type of kicks and most peoples wrists sound like cement makers after watching his games/Highlights.
Thing with Jagga is his positioning is so elite and he creates space for himself with his crazy agility. Also a natural leader - future captain. Agree his kicking is average but these natural stoppage freaks are quite rare it seems

Im sure you would have an opinion you'd like to share, you have one on everything else!

You make these grandiose statements that you believe are fact and leave no room for anyone else to be objective.

Last edited:
Thing with Jagga is his positioning is so elite and he creates space for himself with his crazy agility. Also a natural leader - future captain. Agree his kicking is average but these natural stoppage freaks are quite rare it seems
Pretty disingenuous about Reid with this. You don’t star at national level and average 27 & 1 at Coates league if you don’t have elite positioning. There is some genuine rose coloured glasses if people can’t see his non physical traits and abilities stack up.

And yes, this is coming from the bloke who hasn’t wanted Reid all the way through. Who shares a number of concerns to that of other posters about him. But I don’t see any of the strengths you have listed above for Jagga as things Reid isn’t good at.

Jagga has shown that he js a very good coal face mid. That’s the difference between the two right now. If Reid had shown that, it’s likely he is very much in the frame or ahead of a competitor for pick 1.

1726566509391.png

He's an Alpha Romeo.
My issue with Reid is as simple as this and I’ve been going on about it for months.

wtf is he at AFL level.

Is his Billings/Toumpas or Steele Sidebottom

Pretty disingenuous about Reid with this. You don’t star at national level and average 27 & 1 at Coates league if you don’t have elite positioning. There is some genuine rose coloured glasses if people can’t see his non physical traits and abilities stack up.

And yes, this is coming from the bloke who hasn’t wanted Reid all the way through. Who shares a number of concerns to that of other posters about him. But I don’t see any of the strengths you have listed above for Jagga as things Reid isn’t good at.

Jagga has shown that he js a very good coal face mid. That’s the difference between the two right now. If Reid had shown that, it’s likely he is very much in the frame or ahead of a competitor for pick 1.

View attachment 2113534

Smith is the next best after Aschroft, but Jagga deserves to be No 1 pick given Levi is a FS. Reid is not at the same level but people are being realistic with who might be available at our pick/s. He is not perfect and will have work to do but most kids do when they get to a club.

It might be all for zip if a club like Melbourne are keen on Reid. If he is gone there will be plenty of other kids to chose from, people will just have to accept that they might be completely different than our individual choices.

Dalrymple thinks outside the box which is why the club targetted him.

Smith is the next best after Aschroft, but Jagga deserves to be No 1 pick given Levi is a FS. Reid is not at the same level but people are being realistic with who might be available at our pick/s. He is not perfect and will have work to do but most kids do when they get to a club.

It might be all for zip if a club like Melbourne are keen on Reid. If he is gone there will be plenty of other kids to chose from, people will just have to accept that they might be completely different than our individual choices.

Dalrymple thinks outside the box which is why the club targetted him.
FOS is better than Jagga.

His impact per touch is outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back