2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

be cool to get this guy, obviously has pretty haphazard disposal, but if he can learn to at least handball to advantage with some consistency then he could be a great extractor/defensive mid

I am weary, remins me a bit of Aiden Bonner, despite being fast, he doesnt seem to really burst out of stoppages, also doesn;t get it onto his boot enough. He is a monster though.

I am weary, remins me a bit of Aiden Bonner, despite being fast, he doesnt seem to really burst out of stoppages, also doesn;t get it onto his boot enough. He is a monster though.
agree that he need needs to hoof it more often, but also he's a boy playing against men here and he looks like a man among boys :O

Could see another club needing lockdown key def bidding on Cole in the 2nd round. If he continues having good performances it might be better to trade up the later picks we end up with post trade period for player swaps

5 disposals and a mark are hardly going to get them lining up. He’s obviously locking on but even still I’m not sure he’s worth a second round pick in a strong draft.

There has to be a limit on academy selections, you can't have 10 first round quality academy picks over 3 years + all your first round picks, it's ridiculous

They have to pay with future picks if they can’t trade for high picks at least.

There are soo many better key defenders than Cole in the draft its unlikely a bid is coming in the second round

Trainor, Tauru, Whitlock, O'Farrell, Mraz, Dennis all arguably ahead and in second round contention

Last year I think the 6th key defender was taken at pick 51, and the 7th at pick 53. Only 6 in 2022, with the 6th coming in at pick 38

Last edited:
agree that he need needs to hoof it more often, but also he's a boy playing against men here and he looks like a man among boys :O
Agree once again don’t know his personality or character but he is enormous. Tackles like an absolute maniac. Bont also looked terribly uncoordinated at the same stage.

Gee, Taj Hotton, been compared to Chris Judd & might have been no.1 pick, if not for the knee injury. Smells of one of those missed opportunities & he lives down the road. Might be worth keeping Ollie for 1 more season to unite the brother's
Which is why I’m keen to live trade pick 8 if the top mids are off the board. Slide back a few spots, receive a late first for our troubles, then take both Hotton and Hynes instead of just a Reid type on his own

Also gives us flexibility at 24 to take a tall since we already have 3 attacking mids in the first round

Also helps us reach our goal of 4 top 40 picks, allowing us to trade 43 for Crae and other late picks for Soldo

Gee, Taj Hotton, been compared to Chris Judd & might have been no.1 pick, if not for the knee injury. Smells of one of those missed opportunities & he lives down the road. Might be worth keeping Ollie for 1 more season to unite the brother's
Jack Bytel was supposed to be the steal of the draft, just a crook back between him and a potential Top 3 pick...that didnt work out as planned..

Jack Bytel was supposed to be the steal of the draft, just a crook back between him and a potential Top 3 pick...that didnt work out as planned..
I’m no doctor but surely a bad back is worse long-term than a bad knee? Feel like back injuries linger more compared to knees but I’m just guessing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m no doctor but surely a bad back is worse long-term than a bad knee? Feel like back injuries linger more compared to knees but I’m just guessing
true but my point was more that weve had exactly zero luck getting players we get cheap due to injury, be it in the draft on by trade, on the park fully fit .

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back