2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t seen much of Vesely but what I have seen was not great.

Shocking decision making & skills that matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are zero Sandringham listed players worthy of a Cat A Rookie position IMO. The poor standard of the Sandringham players is something I have been banging on about all year. I just hope the club have an arrangement with Sandringham that allows the kids that played through there to be taken.

Otherwise I wonder if a player like Bennier might qualify as a Cat B Rookie - that would be a reasonable move.

There are zero Sandringham listed players worthy of a Cat A Rookie position IMO. The poor standard of the Sandringham players is something I have been banging on about all year. I just hope the club have an arrangement with Sandringham that allows the kids that played through there to be taken.

Otherwise I wonder if a player like Bennier might qualify as a Cat B Rookie - that would be a reasonable move.
Bennier , Do they have a Cat D Rookie class as that's all he is IMO

Benier is an average VAFA player, I could name 50 blokes better than him from that competition.

Jarrod Rivers also won’t coach the team, it’s the reason he picked the Saints, he will be a line coach in the senior AFL setup.
100%

Haven’t seen much of Vesely but what I have seen was not great.

Shocking decision making & skills that matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had one absolutely great game and has been average since but there is a bit to work with. He's a big kid and was listed as a tall mid but can mark well so can be a third tall or KP if needed. I think he's got something to work with for sure.

I’d take Armstrong over almost anyone in this draft, if he’s there thank you very much!

Absolute star material!

He looks like a 60 goal forward. He has the Jason Heatley ability to get 6 touches and turn them into 5 goals. Real no fuss operator too. Never seems to emote in any way. He's like a goal kicking terminator.

He looks like a 60 goal forward. He has the Jason Heatley ability to get 6 touches and turn them into 5 goals. Real no fuss operator too. Never seems to emote in any way. He's like a goal kicking terminator.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, everyone losing their mind over mids, let’s just take the best player with our first pick.

Trainor could slip to the second round as well, if he was there in the 20’s, I’d pick him and tell him to have a year in the gym in 2025, let his concussion issues settle right down.

I was also told yesterday that we will get a ‘high compensation pick for Battle’, let’s see how high it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back