2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's something that can be trained at AFL level once he improves his fitness base

There are plenty of areas of improvement for the kid, but he could be a superstar if we develop him properly. Not often do you see a 195.5cm inside midfielder at the top end of the draft. Imo as long as he has the aggression, natural footy IQ, and above average disposal of an inside mid, he's every chance to produce results of greater return than the pick 7-11 we pay for him
If he added that to his game he would be an absolute beast

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

After listening to Rosa I doubt Richmond get pick 2/3. Top picks are very hard to pry away. In that case and noting they also interviewed Smillie I can see them taking FOS/Lalor (1) and Smillie (6) and North take Tauru (2). That would mean one of FOS/Lalor, Smith, Draper or Langford slide to us.

Its not about Richmond its North and if they can slide back to 6 take the player they want (Tauru) and get something else from Richmond it will happen. Either way the fact they want a Tauru will help one of the better mids get through to us, if its Smillie we will happy.

Its not about Richmond its North and if they can slide back to 6 take the player they want (Tauru) and get something else from Richmond it will happen. Either way the fact they want a Tauru will help one of the better mids get through to us, if its Smillie we will happy.
I agree on that. That’s the one that makes sense (North Richmond) because North have the latitude to slide given what the want and Richmond have 2000 picks. The only snag could be any concern for them that Tauru goes before 6.

It is also about Richmond because they will need to satisfy Norths demands and consider if they bother or not. For instance North could very well be demanding pick 6 and 10 in exchange for pick 2. Do Richmond take Lalor at 2 (if they take FOS at 1) vs Smillie at 6 and Armstrong (or other) at 10? That’s what they would be weighing up in that scenario. There’s also the real risk that Tauru isn’t available at 6 so North will need to weigh up if they take the risk. 17 clubs interviewed Tauru at the combine, hawks the only club not to. My guess is North keep their pick. WC the most likely to trade IMO and I also see that as unlikely.

😂 what? 25.5 disposals and a goal a game

View attachment 2137337

I was looking at this website which has him at 24 a game which I don't think is enormous at that level for a top ager but I'm no draft expert.

I know Bont was pretty quiet in the champs in his draft year.

Personally I'd be rapt with Smillie but can see him going up the board closer to the draft.

Not necessarily one better than the other medically.
I couldn't remember Billy Longer being knocked out, yet concussion was the reason for his retirement. ( although most here seem to think he was delisted due to spuddedness ).

From his time on ground stats , i can only see a single game for the Saints, where Koby Stevens didn't play out most of a game. I was surprised to hear about his concussion issues. But when you read about it he's had very significant issues since a KO in his first game.

I’ve seen this up close my nephews son my great nephew if you will was on a tac list this year and looking forward to a good year. He’d had three concussion and a long rest on doctors orders, another mucking around wrestling with mates then a wt 😳 you can’t write this stuff and he’s retired.

I tell the kid he needs a helmet, play more golf and tennis. Anyway that shit isn’t normal he’s way more susceptible than the normal person imo and he’s ok with that. All I’m saying is it’s a case by case situation if Trainor and the doctors say he’s right to go then he’s right to go, they don’t muck around these days.

We might get an AA player or a guy who gets 50 - 100 but some players are worth the roll of the dice imo. As I said before not with our two first rounders though, if he’s still there at our second rounder then he must be in discussions imo.

Know alot of fans want mids in this draft, but with Hayes & Membrey likely? to leave, do we need more forward depth now.
Or do Caminiti & Keeler suffice, alongside King & Sharman.
For down back, our interest in Laverde & Tomlinson seems to have ebated, so do we need to draft a kid.
Armstrong & Tauru tested well at the combine & are seen as possible top ten's.
Would picking them at 7 & 8, be such a bad thing, best available & all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know alot of fans want mids in this draft, but with Hayes & Membrey likely? to leave, do we need more forward depth now.
Or do Caminiti & Keeler suffice, alongside King & Sharman.
For down back, our interest in Laverde & Tomlinson seems to have ebated, so do we need to draft a kid.
Armstrong & Tauru tested well at the combine & are seen as possible top ten's.
Would picking them at 7 & 8, be such a bad thing, best available & all.
Na just play dougs forward🫣

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve seen this up close my nephews son my great nephew if you will was on a tac list this year and looking forward to a good year. He’d had three concussion and a long rest on doctors orders, another mucking around wrestling with mates then a wt 😳 you can’t write this stuff and he’s retired.

I tell the kid he needs a helmet, play more golf and tennis. Anyway that shit isn’t normal he’s way more susceptible than the normal person imo and he’s ok with that. All I’m saying is it’s a case by case situation if Trainor and the doctors say he’s right to go then he’s right to go, they don’t muck around these days.

We might get an AA player or a guy who gets 50 - 100 but some players are worth the roll of the dice imo. As I said before not with our two first rounders though, if he’s still there at our second rounder then he must be in discussions imo.
the doc's said paddy was right to go and he wasn't anymore susceptible, which any idiot could see was total BS, he'd get a love tap and be out for 3 weeks.. hard to trust docs after that debacle

the doc's said paddy was right to go and he wasn't anymore susceptible, which any idiot could see was total BS, he'd get a love tap and be out for 3 weeks.. hard to trust docs after that debacle
I read somewhere a big concern with Trainor was how innocuous the contact was that caused his latest concussion. Seen the same with guys like Paddy, Nathan Murphy, Todd Marshall etc., never a good sign. He looks like a gun and exactly what we need, but if someone is willing to take him before pick 27 good luck to them and most importantly to him.

I read somewhere a big concern with Trainor was how innocuous the contact was that caused his latest concussion. Seen the same with guys like Paddy, Nathan Murphy, Todd Marshall etc., never a good sign. He looks like a gun and exactly what we need, but if someone is willing to take him before pick 27 good luck to them and most importantly to him.
He's an interceptor, exactly what we need?
Or we need more of a one on one player

My favourite was when the Sydney claimed Paddy failed a concussion test because he was nervous, not because of the multiple bits of head contact he received during that game. And that the media took it at 100% face value.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back