2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If North hold then FOS will go at 3 to Carlton and we will have a better chance for a pick swap of

8 + F1 + F2 for 6 & 14

I think Richmond like FOS & Lalor and probably take Lalor at 1
Tiges love smillie so I’m not sure they’d be willing to drop below us. They will take fos/Lalor at 1 and smillie/smith/langford at 6 whoever is left.

If North take Tauru at 2, Melb will feel pretty safe Armstrong makes it 9.

Best chance for 2 sliding through to us is if North 2 trade with rich for 6, 18

1. Lalor - Rich
2. FOS - Rich
3. Draper - Carl
4. Smith - Adel
5. Armstrong/Tauru - Melb
6. Armstrong/Tauru - North
7. Smilie - Stk
8. Langford - Stk

Just no reason for north to do that trade though unless they get 10 instead of 18 but Rich probably not going to do that. Still wouldn’t be worth it from north’s point of view risking losing their first option. Don’t see us moving the needle for north’s pick for the same reason even if we offered 7,8.

So think you’re right, one slider for us and let’s see how much we can make 8 dance on draft night.

Would we take both Smilie and Langford?

Reid is also still on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn't lightning quick or known for his speed, 3.088 isn't slow but it's not lightning quick. Remember I'm comparing him to everyone, not just 190cm midfielders. Smillie is the least of my worries though.
But he’s 195. What is anyone expecting? That’s amazing for a mid of that size. If he was lightning quick then tbh he’s probably not going to be any kind of beast. He’s likely an athletic freak with a lack of contested possessions.

But he’s 195. What is anyone expecting? That’s amazing for a mid of that size. If he was lightning quick then tbh he’s probably not going to be any kind of beast. He’s likely an athletic freak with a lack of contested possessions.
I feel like you are getting all fired up over something that noone really said, you've skipped passed the most important part of my original post and that related to a pairing with Langford if they both made it to 7 & 8.

I feel like you are getting all fired up over something that noone really said, you've skipped passed the most important part of my original post and that related to a pairing with Langford if they both made it to 7 & 8.
Fair enough. Tbf I’m not getting all fired up at all. I completely agree on the pairing and maybe I missed the earlier conversation. So get stuffed 😁. Apologies if I jumped the convo.

I'll admit, I'm a bit wary of a Langford, Smillie duo, but in the end the intent is for these two (along with Scud and others) to build our starring on ball brigade around.

Let's get elite talent in and around the centre to win the ball, before moving it with pace. I think all three (Scud, Smillie, Langford) have traits which differ and complement one another despite all being big and not super quick.

Got a feeling Melbourne will grab Smilie and leave us with Langford, which doesn't thrill me, he seems to be yet another introvert.

What are his strengths and weaknesses compared to the others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a feeling Melbourne will grab Smilie and leave us with Langford, which doesn't thrill me, he seems to be yet another introvert.

What are his strengths and weaknesses compared to the others?
Langford can absolutely football ... great size ... raking kick .... strong mark ... inside ball winner who can go forward and kick goals

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back