2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
. O’Sullivan - Rich
. Lalor - Rich
. Draper - Carlton
. Langford - Adel
[emoji6]. Reid - Melb
[emoji6]. Tauru - North
[emoji[emoji6]]. Smith - Stk
[emoji[emoji6]]. Smilie - Stk
[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]. Armstrong - Melb
[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]. Travaglia - North

The above would have to be our most realistic best possible result without moving up to .

Not sure why Adelaide and Melbourne would prefer Langford and Reid over Smith but it’s possible.

Smith + Smilie would be perfect for us combined with keeping all our futures and ,[emoji[emoji6]].
Jagga could slide on the back of the 'not damaging' tag, which I don't think is true. Jagga Smith and Josh Smillie would be TANTALIZING.

What about Adelaide? Draper's camp has already expressed public concern about heading to the Crows, haven't they? What have they said privately to the club?

We are assuming the SA boy gets to the SA club but maybe they have another player in their sights. Maybe the Blues, Roos or even Tigers take young Sidney.

Wouldn't change much for us I suppose, but l would take him at 7 without hesitation if he slid.

Herald Sun running with (an already known) a very strong link of Tauru to North.

So that’s one slider.

Murphy Reid very much in the frame at the Demons.

Reid will be available at 9, but Saints are desperate for Armstrong at 8. The Dees really need to take Armstrong first. Nudge nudge wink wink

So you disagree with the President's strategy of pointing out that we are expected to just make up the numbers and the inequities disadvantage the club?
Fair enough if you wallow in the mediocrity of our history I suppose.
Oh no mustn't grumble. Bend over and say please sir, may I have another.
Personally I was glad the rorts of the system was brought to light even if the timid ones in our fan base weren't.
Inequities and rorting should always be highlighted instead of skulking away infear.
The club HAS worked within the rules and HAS done it very well. The fact is other clubs don't need to work as hardbecause the AFL purposely disadvantage us
You seem happy with being reamed. Good for you.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get the frustration with the bidding system and academy rules but making it public doesn't always work better. I can be seen as excusing our own bad management in the past by others. I'm glad the AFL has changed things, not sure how much is attributed to him directly though.

What about Adelaide? Draper's camp has already expressed public concern about heading to the Crows, haven't they? What have they said privately to the club?

We are assuming the SA boy gets to the SA club but maybe they have another player in their sights. Maybe the Blues, Roos or even Tigers take young Sidney.

Wouldn't change much for us I suppose, but l would take him at 7 without hesitation if he slid.

That's a bit of smoke and shadow behind the mirrors methinks.

Top AFL draft prospect Sid Draper holds ‘no resentment’ towards Adelaide, insists he doesn’t ‘hold one club above another’

But really it just sounds like the story got a lot more air time and legs than it was due. Pretty sure every player manager would have been slightly alarmed or disappointed in the way Adelaide handled the Rachele business.

Dropped him, talking about standards etc. just because of an in game celebration in a 2 team town rivalry. Then post game Matt Crouch gets into an altercation with an opposition fan in the crowd and knocks his hat off (no punishment...) and the next week Laird, the teammate who threw him under the bus on "standards", played an absolute limp-wristed and non-committed game waiting for cheap disposal off the back of stoppages.

Seems like they've smoothed it over but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of young players and player managers saw the way the Crows have been travelling in the last couple of years on and off field and have opted for a bit of distance. Don Pyke and power stance bullshit, the camp after that, Tex Walker the captain racially abusing a bloke at a SANFL game, Rachele thrown under the bus by teammates openly in the media. Crows are at a bit of a low point in their history IMO. Wouldn't be surprised to see them down the bottom third of the ladder next year again the way they're tracking.

I think the only whispers we will hear this year is when Twomey releases his phantom. There are just so many picks in play it would be impossible to rule out anything yet. The last things clubs in our position need is to be leaking who we are interested in, unless its to spook another club to go a certain way.
It’s often not clubs that leak, it’s the player managers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take Tauru with 7 and split 8 for Hotton and Hynes

Hotton is essentially on par with the top rung and Hynes is that 190cm big bodied burst mid we'd love to have especially since he's been overshadowed by Langford

Both these guys have massive upside so it'd be better than just settling with a Lindsay/Reid type imo

Dattoli in the second round is also an option, he could easily be the Zach Merrett of this draft given doubts over his size and athleticism. Smartest player in the pool and dual-footed with silky skills

Gross is a pretty good midfield option a bit further out from the cream too. Reckon he could end up a gun.

**** the brain worms have claimed stavro now too, be safe out there scrappy/Sarco o_O
I can't deny the kid's got evasive skills.
the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

Sid really wants to play for Adelaide.

I had a brief look at your club's draft board and I felt like most participants ranked Carlton's preference as
Lalor
Smith
FOS
Langford
Smilie
Draper (red flags mentioned)

Would you agree? Who do you think the Blues will pick?

I’d agree that’s the general consensus.

We’re heavily linked to FOS in the media, but I think lots of our supporters are still suffering PTSD by the Paddy Dow experience at Pick 3 and are over exaggerating correlations between the two players.

My order of preference:

1. Smith
2. Draper
3. FOS (coin toss between he and Lalor here).
4. Lalor
5. Smilie
6. Langford (only because he’s slow).

If North trade-down with Richmond, and take a big body at 6, then I can see a scenario where the order is:

Rich : FOS, Lalor,
Carl: Smith
Adelaide: Langford
Melb: Reid
NM: Tauru
StK: Draper, Smilie.

Quite possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d agree that’s the general consensus.

We’re heavily linked to FOS in the media, but I think lots of our supporters are still suffering PTSD by the Paddy Dow experience at Pick 3 and are over exaggerating correlations between the two players.

My order of preference:

1. Smith
2. Draper
3. FOS (coin toss between he and Lalor here).
4. Lalor
5. Smilie
6. Langford (only because he’s slow).
Yes Langfords speed seem to be a concern ,although he gets it a hell of a lot.
Has anyone have his results ?

Yes Langfords speed seem to be a concern ,although he gets it a hell of a lot.
Has anyone have his results ?
He’d appeal to some clubs as that Hayden Young/Jordan Dawson type mid, but we are already super slow in the midfield so for that reason alone I can’t see us considering him that early.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back