2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
The more we discuss it, it seems a genuine possibility we miss out on the rolled in gold top mids, If no one grabs a tall ahead of us. Which would seem an enormous missed opportunity, in a rare year people within the top 6 might be open to a slide.

Call it reckless but I genuinely think we should be doing all we can to trade up to 2. While there’s every chance our best offer wouldn’t get it done, it’d be offering 7, F1 + 31 (or future 2nd) for pick 2.

I hope SOS and crew have some decent mail on what other sides are doing in the top 6.
This is so irrational , our internal discussion literally has no influence on the draft. Seriously.

This is so irrational , our internal discussion literally has no influence on the draft. Seriously.
Thankyou captain obvious. I was no way implying our discussion was influencing the draft order. A compilation of phantom drafts, draft whispers and logic suggest this is a feasible outcome.

Views to suggest multiple talls get taken in the top 6, in my opinion are based on wishful thinking.

My suggestion is risk mitigation, to take chance out of the equation. Given we are in unique position to control our own destiny.

I now believe there is 7 A grade talents + the star potential of Tauru in the top 8 picks.

Harry Sheezel V2

It seems rumours are true… I think I’m a Reid fan boy now.
Elite
Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

View attachment 2148860
View attachment 2148859

I’ve been telling you this… he and smilie would have me giddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid and Smilie
Reid and Lindsay
Smilie and Tauru

Whatever the combination...we have a couple of excellent prospects coming in.

A F1 for another first rounder like Hotton and a slider at 32 plus Cole/Hoffman
We'll be set for a tilt over the next few years.

The most impressive coaching group we've ever had, running this young squad into finals and our second flag.

He is a bit fumbly is what first comes to mind for me. Maybe doesn't love contact so takes his eye off the ball?
Whisky said similar but I just don't see it TBH.
Plays inside in the CTL so definitely not afraid of contact.
I think similar to Wilson he starts his career on the outside where he is also extremely useful.

Just for you 😉

Top game.

Watch that 3-4 times.

Every single thing people smash Reid for. Lindsay does in that game.

He has some blistering pace. But there isn’t a hell of a lot to his game outside of that.

He will find himself on a half back flank trying to transition into the midfield at the big boy level.

Also smashed against the big bodies v Dandenong

Whisky said similar but I just don't see it TBH.
Plays inside in the CTL so definitely not afraid of contact.
I think similar to Wilson he starts his career on the outside where he is also extremely useful.
There is one clip where he fumbles everything. All the other clips he seems fine. Maybe highlights vs all interactions? Or just a bad game? Not sure.

I’m way too into hotton now…. Would be happy to take him at 8 or better yet trade back in for him.

That applies next year..there’s points up to pick 74 still this year
You are correct. Having said that, if we don't have picks for points this year, a 3rd or 4th round deficit wouldn't really matter.

Ideally we'll trade our F1 for an early teens pick with a pick in the 50s.

If we don't trade our F1, the rules stipulate that we can trade an F3 or F4 - but only if we don't trade F1.

End of the day we go into points deficit within the round they are bid, it will move next year's late picks back a few spots - no issues at all.

Gross is a pretty good midfield option a bit further out from the cream too. Reckon he could end up a gun.
Plenty of good midfield options later in the draft but most of them have issues with their kicking; Gross, Moraes, Urquhart, Hargrave

I think Warburton is a sneaky chance of being at least a second round pick - speedy HB/mid with good foot skills - could be worth a look if we end up with Smillie + Reid

Top game.

Watch that 3-4 times.

Every single thing people smash Reid for. Lindsay does in that game.

He has some blistering pace. But there isn’t a hell of a lot to his game outside of that.

He will find himself on a half back flank trying to transition into the midfield at the big boy level.

Also smashed against the big bodies v Dandenong
So in a bad game he's comparable to Reid. Has blistering pace, an elite kick and will start at HBF because he a bit small ATM.

Yep. I'm very ok with that👍

Last edited:
There is one clip where he fumbles everything. All the other clips he seems fine. Maybe highlights vs all interactions? Or just a bad game? Not sure.

I’m way too into hotton now…. Would be happy to take him at 8 or better yet trade back in for him.
Yes Hotton is very appealing. If we went for him l could understand it but 7-8 just seems a bit high in the context of injury and no games this year.
I'm also very keen on Hynes and Hannaford so l hope we can pull off a trade and get several of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back