• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashton Warner has had a pretty promising start to his WAFL career.
This is his second year playing Colts for East Freo but last year he was on limited game time due to his role with Aquinas first XI.

Round 1 this year he had 21, 8 marks and 6 i50s and was named one of best on
Round 2 he had 19 and a goal
Didn't play round 3

Believe he's just turned 18 so is eligible for this year's draft. Reckon we 100% have a crack, might need to do some wheeling and dealing

Ashton Warner has had a pretty promising start to his WAFL career.
This is his second year playing Colts for East Freo but last year he was on limited game time due to his role with Aquinas first XI.

Round 1 this year he had 21, 8 marks and 6 i50s and was named one of best on
Round 2 he had 19 and a goal
Didn't play round 3

Believe he's just turned 18 so is eligible for this year's draft. Reckon we 100% have a crack, might need to do some wheeling and dealing
1713090734941.png
He’s already a Swans man.

Amazing those that have bagged him , all ive ever said is give him an injury free run at it
It's so hard because the best way to improve your game is with consistent game time. Injuries have kept him from being able to during games together and build cohesion with the rest of the defensive unit.
It would be really interesting to see what the combination between him and McCartin would've been without the injuries.
Imagine if Paddy have been able to come into the team with even less defensive responsibility.

I’m actually a bit surprised - Ashton Warner is a little further down the pecking order than I’d thought among the WA kids this year.

Talking to some people who know a bit about it - I’m told the no.1 prospect is Kayle Gerreyn.

Playing in the ruck but too short (192) to be drafted as a ruck 🤔🤔🤔 so probably as a KPF or KPD or a tall mid. Maybe a "tweener".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually a bit surprised - Ashton Warner is a little further down the pecking order than I’d thought among the WA kids this year.

Talking to some people who know a bit about it - I’m told the no.1 prospect is Kayle Gerreyn.

Know anywhere I can get a good read on the WAFL colts? Struggling to find anything not behind a paywall

Know anywhere I can get a good read on the WAFL colts? Struggling to find anything not behind a paywall
You can find some information in this thread

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

We really need to trade in the ‘acronym’ players to win a flag:
JUH
JHF
DGB
LDU

It worked for us with LRT.

Out of all the acronym players though, in my eyes, no one beats JHWF.

We really need to trade in the ‘acronym’ players to win a flag:
JUH
JHF
DGB
LDU

It worked for us with LRT.

Out of all the acronym players though, in my eyes, no one beats JHWF.
JHF will be the best of the lot by a margin I reckon.

Everyone got put off by the way he carried on at North but he's an absolute jet.

192cm and 88kg is not a bad build. Gould was a lot heavier; 106kg at the draft, same height.
I believe he’s still growing & has been reported at 199 recently.

I’ll wander over to some Claremont colts games as the season progresses and doubtless have a draft crush before too long.

And to appease JackHiscoxWasFast - I know a bit about Austin Van Der Struyf through Claremont …. he’d satisfy your craving for a new hyphenator. AVDF - beats those triple decker names any day of the week. He’s highly rated over here in the west (like Gus, captained Christchurch Grammar) - a bit small in stature, but could readily be drafted.

I believe he’s still growing & has been reported at 199 recently.

I’ll wander over to some Claremont colts games as the season progresses and doubtless have a draft crush before too long.

And to appease JackHiscoxWasFast - I know a bit about Austin Van Der Struyf through Claremont …. he’d satisfy your craving for a new hyphenator. AVDF - beats those triple decker names any day of the week. He’s highly rated over here in the west (like Gus, captained Christchurch Grammar) - a bit small in stature, but could readily be drafted.
Is he fast DQ ? If so, I will change my like to your post to a love.

Cause in case you didn’t know, ………

General word out of WA is this is one of the worse years they've ever seen for WA talent.

Here’s how RookieMe saw Cochran’s game on the weekend:

Cochran was plugged into his side’s defence as one of the many talls to rotate through there. The Swans Academy prospect could have lifted his intensity and purpose when moving from contest to contest, but was polished with ball in hand and played the basics well with strong overhead marking and efficient left-foot kicking on the rebound.

Scouting notes: https://central.rookieme.com/afl/2024/04/15/scouting-notes-afl-academy-vs-coburg-vfl/

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back