List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Hude an x academy boy getting some pretty good reviews on the QAFL board(played a few VFL games for us earlier in the season) for his game over the weekend, still only 19.

Annable and Uwland both look like Top 10 selections in 2025 for Lions & Suns respectively.

Suns also have Murray and Addinsall in that year who look the goods and Lions will have Bridge and a later value pick maybe in Geesu

Southern states might have a meltdown.

Annable and Uwland both look like Top 10 selections in 2025 for Lions & Suns respectively.

Suns also have Murray and Addinsall in that year who look the goods and Lions will have Bridge and a later value pick maybe in Geesu

Southern states might have a meltdown.

Lions also have Jack Harrison while GWS has Ryder Corrigan and Sydney have Noah Chamberlain, Lachlan Carmichael and Max King.

I like the look of Harrison, but he wasn't picked by the Lions this year and isn't playing senior football at his club. Coming from a long way back you would think.

Lions get it wrong quite often, but the clubs know who can play and they are playing to win every week.

Need to find the article, but the Northern academies are loaded with father sons for the 2026 draft. There are a couple in Sydney’s academy and I think the Suns academy as well.
How old were the Suns when they were having those sons?

I like the look of Harrison, but he wasn't picked by the Lions this year and isn't playing senior football at his club. Coming from a long way back you would think.

Lions get it wrong quite often, but the clubs know who can play and they are playing to win every week.
Lions get it wrong quite often? Who are these superstars we have missed out on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you like the look of him Crusha? I quite liked the couple of minute package I have seen.. although haven't seen him even rated by any Phantom Drafters.

Here are some clips from the Allies game on Sunday vs Vic Ctry.

He's difficult to judge on limited vision. He showed some good traits in this game (although not quite enough to be overly enthusiastic), and in the QAFL game I posted here.
I'm not surprised that he hasn't been rated by the "amateur" drafters - especially after being left out after the Allies first Champs game.
I guess the Lions recruiters/ Academy coaches would know his real potential - having worked with him.

I will see if I can collate some clips from his Academy games (I recall noticing him in one or more of those, earlier in the season).

Ty Gallop #43
AF
G 3
B 1
D 9
K 6
H 3
M 2
T 1

Hodge said on Monday night he went and watched his son Cooper play in the u/16s v Tasmania That day who beat Queensland by 50 odd points and he said that the Tassie boys aside from all being big and solid kids were heads and shoulders better than the Queenslanders and it bodes well for the Devils.

will never know. Not saying they miss AFL ability often (apart from Harris Andrews, Samson Ryan, Adam Oxley, Josh Smith etc) but they regularly don't picl the best side, which robs the kids who might be up to it of better teammtes to play in a competitive side. The u16 team yesterday were woeful.

Hodge said on Monday night he went and watched his son Cooper play in the u/16s v Tasmania That day who beat Queensland by 50 odd points and he said that the Tassie boys aside from all being big and solid kids were heads and shoulders better than the Queenslanders and it bodes well for the Devils.
It wasn’t a QLD side, it was the Lions U16 academy side.

To date, it hasn’t looked like a particularly strong age group, and it doesn’t help that some of the better kids were left out of the team for “reasons”.

Reville. 😛

I believe the point OnLooker1932 and others have repeatedly made isn’t about the club possibly missing out on top end talent, it’s about the running of the academy, poor talent identification, and not putting the best possible team on the field for certain reasons.

will never know. Not saying they miss AFL ability often (apart from Harris Andrews, Samson Ryan, Adam Oxley, Josh Smith etc) but they regularly don't picl the best side, which robs the kids who might be up to it of better teammtes to play in a competitive side. The u16 team yesterday were woeful.

they weren't that bad, they just kicked 4.14 or something. Statistically it was a fairly even game.

Tassie had ruck and clearance dominance, but it was otherwise pretty even.

I watched the game in person and Lions don't appear to have any sort of game plan or structure, its just 22 talented kids chucked together. Tassie moved the ball better, and were notable stronger over the footy which was telling, but I wouldn't say they were woeful.

Max Boothey sitting out when they are getting smashed in the ruck was an eye opener, he was out there carrying water - I imagine the Tassie rucks enjoyed that. (to be fair, I assume he is injured?) No Riley Mackay either, who should be a walk up start - can only assume he is injured also, as both he and Boothey at least made final squad. Caelan Murray had an off day, but is a very good player.

Lions didn't move the ball laterally barely at all apart from a couple of switch kicks from Hodge, who otherwise is a bit of a turnover machine. Young Owen seriously can play and finds a heap of the footy, but didn't use it well - however he was always under pressure as his felow mids refused to bloick for him or do any team orientated tasks.

Only players that enhanced their standing would be Watts who was clearly Lions best, and McPherson who they need to find a way to inject into the game more.

We'd expect that though, wouldn't we? 😉

Wasn't in the 10 best players on the ground, in a pretty ordinary game. Don't think there will be a giant tug of war unless he improves (which he is very likely to do)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back