Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if I can respect Geelongs ability to keep being up and thereabouts, their side out there at the moment is truly not good. Their performances are in defiance of the lack of talent on their list. Outside of Holmes there is not an emerging or future star on their list... and yet, here they are in a close fought prelim against a side with oodles more talent.
So it’s their system not talent - correct?

Finals is a game of luck sometimes. O'Mac injury is going to kill Brisbane. You can't avoid physical contact in the ruck and he's clearly hampered. Stanley and Bliclavs can give the Geelong mids first use, and although it isn't a star studded midfield it is potent at generating scores from clearance.

Brisbane needed to take every chance they had given their history and form, and that Bailey miss was critical. It would take a deadset miracle for them to win.

same shit rinse and repeat 20 odd years.. Cats NEVER get injuries while the oppo ruckman pops a shoulder, they get every roll, every tin arse bounce and seemingly turn absolute nobodies into great players.. Last ACL to a best 22 player was Menzel what 15 years ago? **** I’m fed up with it. The footy Gods have a hard on for the Cats.

They rely so much on Danger, Stewart, Cameron and Holmes. The rest are just average role players who stick to their roles.

It’s those four who are able to break the game open and enable Geelong to score. They won’t be able to replace that game winning ability. Role players are easy to find.
Think you’ve missed Blicavs. Most versatile Mr Fixit in the comp.

I have no idea how Dempsey won the rising star. One of the softest players in the league up there with Miers. Who only runs won way and can’t win a hard ball to save himself.
2 of the main rivals were ineligible due to suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And just like that, there goes my stupid hopes of a firing lions team to beat these campaigners. I hope more than anything that the Swans exact revenge on these pricks next week.
I am absolutely flattened by the fact that we fluffed our lines last week. We had the game style that could take us all the way. Can't help but think that we've left a bit out there this season. Shattered.

I've often noticed that across the ground Geelong players always look that little bit bigger in size than their opponents.

And when you play finals footy which is always very contested having that extra couple of kilos / cms helps.

I've noticed this too. Makes me wonder what their 'training programme' involves. People always tell me though it's just an optical illusion caused by the hoops.

I genuinely hope in a year's time we find that the Cat's team have been done for doping.

I don't know how they're this good, I am not debating their team is a finals calibre team but definitely not Top 4 and not a Grand Final list. They're about 5th to 9th at best. For them to make the GF 2 out of the past 3 years is ridiculous.

God I hate them.

Think you’ve missed Blicavs. Most versatile Mr Fixit in the comp.
He’s very versatile but he doesn’t dominate the game or set up any form of attack like the others do. He’s perfect for filling a role as a role player but that’s his limit.

I genuinely hope in a year's time we find that the Cat's team have been done for doping.

I don't know how they're this good, I am not debating their team is a finals calibre team but definitely not Top 4 and not a Grand Final list. They're about 5th to 9th at best. For them to make the GF 2 out of the past 3 years is ridiculous.

God I hate them.

Don’t hate them for sustained excellence. The Cats are every bit the equal of the great Hawthorn sides.

The AFL needed a Cats v Hawks blockbuster GF this year - but it wasn’t to be.

The Cats are the oldest list in the league, we are the second youngest. Soon enough both ships will pass in the night

Cats are a 7/10 level team but with the competition as weak as it is that’s enough to win them flags.

The teams that can play better than them are mentally weak and fall apart come finals.

Any cats team from 2013-2020 would have destroyed the 2022-2024 cats. Yet they won nothing because they had to play actually good sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back