Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly, it's the Cats to lose and I can't see anyone getting near them.

The frustrating part is that they aren't even that good.

Mostly a team of nobodies lead by a 35 year old captain.

It will be a bigger stolen premiership against all reason than the Dogs in 2016.

And it just has to be them doesn't it. If a team was going to steal a completely unexpected premiership couldn't it have at least been a St.Kilda or us?

It will be a bigger stolen premiership against all reason than the Dogs in 2016.

And it just has to be them doesn't it. If a team was going to steal a completely unexpected premiership couldn't it have at least been a St.Kilda or us?
Look what they did to Port over there.

They're a league above everyone for mine.

Port were ****ing terrible that game though. They play like they did against us and Cats aren't winning by anything close to 80 points.

I wouldn't say they're no good, but they are by far the biggest "confidence" team in the comp.
The moment a few things go against them, they're prone to completely capitulate (which has been shown a few times this year)

I'm still not convinced.

They went 8-8 after round 7.
Percentage of 112 despite winning in the final round by 100 points, after once again being gifted am easy kill at home to finish the home and away season.
Easily accounted for by average sides like St.Kilda and the Gold Coast.
Destroyed by the Bulldogs as their 'fortress'.

They aren't even statistically in the premiership window.

They've been absolutely kissed on the pecker by playing a Port Adelaide side who didn't show up for a qualifying final, then playing Brisbane and likely Sydney at the MCG who both can't win finals or games at the MCG.

They're stealing this premiership against all the odds with a LOT of luck along the way.

I'm still not convinced.

They went 8-8 after round 7.
Percentage of 112 despite winning in the final round by 100 points, after once again being gifted am easy kill at home to finish the home and away season.
Easily accounted for by average sides like St.Kilda and the Gold Coast.
Destroyed by the Bulldogs as their 'fortress'.

They aren't even statistically in the premiership window.

They've been absolutely kissed on the pecker by playing a Port Adelaide side who didn't show up for a qualifying final, then playing Brisbane and likely Sydney at the MCG who both can't win finals or games at the MCG.

They're stealing this premiership against all the odds with a LOT of luck along the way.
Correct. It's theirs to lose right now.
Or as they say in tennis, the game is on their racquet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Power have won their past eight games against the Swans dating back to 2017, including a 112-point thrashing just six weeks ago.

But they'll have to adjust to the unique dimensions of the SCG, where they have played just once since 2018.

How does the first sentence exist when the second sentence is true? By stretching the fact that 2017 and 2018 were at the SCG.

Port have won three of those at the SCG and the rest on the Adelaide oval. They've also surprisingly only played each other once each season. Last time they played each other twice in a season was 2015.

Be following the N(SW)RL from here, and hoping someone can somehow stop Penrith winning four in a row.

Melbourne only team that can do it imo. That said it's a 50/50 proposition. Last game was a belter. Be funny if there's a slip up in a prelim.

What an uninspiring bunch of teams. Scats are going to cruise here unfortunately. Lions are just a bunch talented players thrown together, port are hard to take serious als they like to bend over for the cats and Swans? 5 A graders then a slippery slope. I honestly thought we'd be hard to beat as long as we got over those ferals in port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back