Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know how you feel.

Geelong's record over-all is very good. Since 2007 they have won 4 flags and only missed the finals twice, including last year.

As much as I appreciate their success, it does annoy me when people crap on about their "dominance". They haven't dominated anyone; they've just been very solid over a long period of time.
The Hun coverage doesn't help. You wouldn't even know there's a 2nd game, OR that Geelong has an opponent this weekend. :sick:

The Swans v Port game is interesting. IMHO, we have two teams whose coaches have pretty much lacked success in the big time.

Although Longmire coached Sydney to the 2012 flag, they have lost three other Grand Finals in which they were abject failures, but this club has been gifted for more advantages than any club could hope for with the COLA, academies, and being gifted the best footballer in Australia in Buddy Franklin. If Sydney loses this game, surely we much start questioning Longmire's ability as a coach. It's overdue.

As for Port, like many others, would love to see that smug look wiped from Hinkley's face as early in the game as possible.

Last edited:
The Swans v Port game is interesting. IMHO, we have two teams whose coaches have pretty much lacked success in the big time.

Although Longmire coached Sydney to the 2012 flag, they have lost three other Grand Finals in which they were abject failures, but this club has been gifted for more advantages than any club could hope for with the COLA, academies, and being gifted the best footballer in Australia in Buddy Franklin. If Sydney loses this game, surely we much start questioning Longmire's ability as a coach. It's overdue.

As for Port, like many others, would love to see that smug look wiped from his face as early in the game as possible.
I think it was TazHawk15 that mentioned yesterday Sydney/South Melbourne are the second most unsuccessful club of the past 80 years, only winning one more flag than St Kilda.

I could live with them winning it over PA/GEE now since the great Buddy has left. Thank fk he didn't tarnish his legacy at that shithole by winning a flag there.

As for Port, like many others, would love to see that smug look wiped from Hinkley's face as early in the game as possible.
so Lions bandwagon it is!

People seem to forget Swans have been struggling since bye round. They were essentially outplayed for most of final and played one good quarter in the game against a side who were gun shy and crumpled under a Swans side that arguably played on Giants mental fragility in that situation.

People seem to forget Swans have been struggling since bye round. They were essentially outplayed for most of final and played one good quarter in the game against a side who were gun shy and crumpled under a Swans side that arguably played on Giants mental fragility in that situation.

Indeed for the rest of us the delight will be repeated failures to media darling clubs

I suppose that was us for a month or so too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Airlines could generate so much goodwill by creating flights for football fans only at a special agreed price (close to cost price). However they play these games and shenannigans.

Look at Metro Trains, were able to have services running every 5 minutes after the T.Swift concert, which, then resulted in a new generation of train users who seen that the service can, and does work.

I’m hoping for a swans Brisbane grannie.

Hate seeing Geelong winning another game. Will be justice for Port to miss out on another grand final. If it happens to be a Port Geelong grand final, than hoping that history repeats itself next year, where we beat Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back