Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no agreement for that.
The afl has seen the wisdom of playing the hawks and essendon early to ensure a large crowd. That's all
It was reported earlier in the year that both clubs are keen on making it a traditional marquee slot, but that’s possibly going to be messed around with “opening round” with the afl keen for us to potentially be involved with that now.

Ken was a funny looking lad. Although he was in year eleven his receding hairline and his penchant for eating meat pies at the local servo had given him the appearance of a middle aged slob.

This is the story of the day Ken beat up a year 8 boy and then taunted him. Ken really thought that he had accomplished a great feat. Teasing the young boy by flapping his arms and yelling obscenities.

The following weekend Ken was on his way home from the servo when a year 12 boy from Sydney grabbed him put him down and jammed his own pie up his arse.

Ken had the summer to think about how he was violated with a Mrs macs steak and cheese pie. He thought the only way to get his dignity back was by beating up the year 8 boy again. But now the year 8 boy was a year older, more experienced and a little bigger. The now year 9 boy grabbed Ken locked him in the dumpster and went on to bigger and better things. Some even say that the year 9 boy went on to be the toughest boy for the next 5 or 6 years.
It is said that even when you walk past that dumpster you can here a voice whispering, "you ain't going anywhere".

Feels sick to be happy after a Sydney prelim win.

Unfortunately for Port (but not for everyone else) their coach has now become bigger than the club, and we know all to well how that works out.

Best part is, he carried on so much last week that the only thing Koch could do this week was come out and back him publicly.

Love it.
Watching Sydney make a GF is a little more easier to come to terms with now that buddy is retired.

It is genuinely so tempting to post this in there, after all the Hinkley pump ups & jabs they had at us last week:

Tbh I think you’d get a lot of likes. It’s a very different thread there, seem to welcome anyone paying out on Hinkley and the club admin and media for protecting him.
I do feel for them, they (supporters) are being told by media that donuts is good coach while same media put acid on flag winning coaches like bevo and Goodwin, have no say on club board (limited elected members)

1 finals qtr won from 8 in 2023
2 finals qtrs won from 12 in 2024

3 from 20.

Noone survives that…surely
Hopefully he does. I'd rather see him get axed mid-season after we belt them by 100+ in Gather Round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley has nothing but the occasional emotional rev up when his job is on the line. Classless fraud and they are stuck with him again. Love it

Meanwhile, while 21 year old Ginnivan cops his roast for creating a distraction, middle aged Hinkley isn’t after making the last week all about him.

His archaic 90s gameplan gave me the LOLs.

Absolutely zero ideas left.

Send it long to Charlie Dixon who is held together by gaffer tape.

Ports pressure rating was below league average at half time Vs Swans preliminary and non existent Vs Cats final.

Yet Vs Hawks it was elite for the whole game...🤔

Port players laud Hinkley as an emotional coach and love him for it...yet their finals record when the heat is at the highest is when they turn their toes up generally.

Port like Hinkley are both immature in their approach, swinging with the breeze based on their respective mood for the week.

When Hinkley was asked why the pressure was so low Vs Swans considering the high pressure game Vs Hawks, ala WTF mate, Hinkley's dry response was - oh the Swans are too good, too clean, they are best team in it blah blah blah.living in the land of excuses, he gave no reason why his team lost.

Conclusion - we just got them on the wrong week ... and missed some chances to snatch the win. Port has won 6 of 15 finals under Hinkley and of his 9 finals losses many have been beatings. An opportunity missed folks ... a big opportunity missed.

Ports pressure rating was below league average at half time Vs Swans preliminary and non existent Vs Cats final.

Yet Vs Hawks it was elite for the whole game...🤔

Port players laud Hinkley as an emotional coach and love him for it...yet their finals record when the heat is at the highest is when they turn their toes up generally.

Port like Hinkley are both immature in their approach, swinging with the breeze based on their respective mood for the week.

When Hinkley was asked why the pressure was so low Vs Swans considering the high pressure game Vs Hawks, ala WTF mate, Hinkley's dry response was - oh the Swans are too good, too clean, they are best team in it blah blah blah.living in the land of excuses, he gave no reason why his team lost.

Conclusion - we just got them on the wrong week ... and missed some chances to snatch the win. Port has won 6 of 15 finals under Hinkley and of his 9 finals losses many have been beatings. An opportunity missed folks ... a big opportunity missed.
I would've backed us in last night. But not to be. For now.

Some sad reading some of the comments in the 'sack Hinkley 12' thread.

A few we're hoping Sic didn't hit the post last week.

They shit me but I kind of feel sorry for the supporters. Long may Ken have a job.

Ah Ken you classless turd.

I reckon the 36 point prelim loss margin is just under what it would take for Hinkley to get sacked.
The scoreline flattered them. I hope they honour his contract. So that the sadomasochist Hinkley and his Hekyll and Jekyll ego endures another year of Tredrea and the sack supporters. Something tells me that Ken will wave his little white flag when the dust settles.

The scoreline flattered them. I hope they honour his contract. So that the sadomasochist Hinkley and his Hekyll and Jekyll ego endures another year of Tredrea and the sack supporters. Something tells me that Ken will wave his little white flag when the dust settles.
I think you’re thinking of the Crows, not Port.

Some sad reading some of the comments in the 'sack Hinkley 12' thread.

A few we're hoping Sic didn't hit the post last week.

They shit me but I kind of feel sorry for the supporters. Long may Ken have a job.
I’m some ways it’s a perfect outcome, Ken stays in for another year, and we burn after another close loss to port propelling us forward. As Bruce would say, delicious

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back