Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s it for Geelong as well.
That list won’t contend again.

Worst midfield in the competition just about. Blicavs, Stanley, Dangerflog, Duncan all cooked and I reckon Stewart is heading that way as well.

Cameron brilliance gets them over the line a lot.

Neale is a donkey and their defence is mediocre at best.

Win games at their shit ground but won’t be around the mark for quite a while for mine

Chris Scott's befuddled facial expressions in the box are truly the gift that keeps giving

1726918033110.png

Worst midfield in the competition just about. Blicavs, Stanley, Dangerflog, Duncan all cooked and I reckon Stewart is heading that way as well.
I think your being too polite there.

Win games at their shit ground but won’t be around the mark for quite a while for mine
We’ve only been saying this each year for the past 15 years.

Can only hope but I am done writing them off. Am going to take the contrary view and not be as disappointed when they make finals again.

Holmes is a star and with Smith will he a decent one two. Inevitably they will jag a Cameron replacement for a bag of chips (Cadman or some such) and find some 3rd string VFL defender who will become Jackovich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats posters complaining about the umpiring is absolutely amazing. There isn’t a side that gets the rub of the green from umpiring more than Geelong, including that free kick to Stanley, for them to be whining makes relishing their defeat so much better.

Mate, posters have been saying that for what seems like 10 years now.
The some how manage to keep contending.
They are an exceptional club.

I don't rate Geelong's list but unless the rest of the league gets more consistent and trustworthy they're going to stick around finals for a while yet. Their home ground advantage keeps them within punching distance, and Scott's ability to keep them well drilled always catches unreliable teams out in the finals.

I agree that they shouldn't be challenging, but between Melbourne collapsing, Port lacking a spine, Freo and Carlton's inability to live up to their potential and the Dogs having the footy equivalent of Bipolar... can't write them off completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back