Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon they are closer to dropping off now than they have been in years. They do have some good young players but only a couple who look very good. On the other hand, their cohort of 30-plus players are nearly all starting to look a bit off the pace.

The Cats have been blessed to get two excellent and durable key forwards in Hawkins through father and son and then Cameron wanting to return to the western districts lifestyle and live on a farm. They haven't had to find and develop a key forward for over a decade. As we know as well as any club, getting a key forward through trade nowadays is almost impossible. Hawkins is finished and Cameron is 32 or 33. The cats will be relying on Neale if Cameron gets an injury.

It's hard to write them off but they just might be about to face a reality they have avoided confronting since Hawkins fell in their lap and that is trying to find a KPF in the draft and then spending five years hoping they develop into a decent player. It's a world the rest of us have occupied forever.

When he said this:
"I'm at my worst here, but I've got the self awareness...when you've got self-awareness like I have here you say less."

I thought - this is the human height of w***ery. We may never see this again, to this level at least.

Exactly. I watched the first few sentences and thought… did he really say that. So I had to do a double take and watch it again.. and I just thought to myself. This is next level Chris Scott with his head so far up it. I think it must have flown over the heads of every journo in the room. but surely omeone must have thought did HE really say that. He never ceases to amaze with his love of himself..

Ps. For those who are into coincidences. The odds of Sydney and Brisbane kicking the same score to reach the GF.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just finished watching.
Well done Brisbane; now I can really ENJOY the Grand Final as a neutral....should be a great game if both sides turn up! A good match up I think.

Always brings a good vibe when the Cats fall in a Prelim. It drives me nuts how no one tackles Dangerfield. I feel Charlie Cameron had a lot of soft moments...so he deserved to get smashed there! Hahaha.

I almost...almost lost my shit when the young Lion missed the kill shot after a great mark straight in front.with 3 minutes to go. Nothing more certain than the cats would roll it down the other end and get a goal immediately.

When he said this:
"I'm at my worst here, but I've got the self awareness...when you've got self-awareness like I have here you say less."

I thought - this is the human height of w***ery. We may never see this again, to this level at least.
Man, that reads like a Trump quote.

"I have the best self awareness. You've never met anyone with more self awareness then me. My self awareness is yuuuge."

Can’t wait for Easter Monday, Battle to Cameron, Barrass to Neale, we win by 10 goals. Go Lions for GF. Ryan Lester had a great game

Robert Mace is a good one. Have never heard of him!
Edit: Also did Abbott play for Brisbane, or only Fitzroy? Bloody great player for us.
He only played at Fitzroy, but I remember him at the bears before they were the lions in 1995 of thereabouts. Hawthorn were playing them, and he was with the bears in some capacity. Not sure what though. Just saw him on the screen with them at qtr time in one game.

He only played at Fitzroy, but I remember him at the bears before they were the lions in 1995 of thereabouts. Hawthorn were playing them, and he was with the bears in some capacity. Not sure what though. Just saw him on the screen with them at qtr time in one game.
Could it by any chance have been that ridiculous game where we blew a 45 point 3/4 time lead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back