Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the standard of footy journalist is low, especially in WA it seems. Must not pay attention to anything outside his state if he thinks Victorians are upset about this result. I love watching a GF where I don't have to see a Victorian side I dislike win a flag.

Don't know what he is on about? Its Fitzroy vs South Melbourne!!!

I thought Brisbane were the best team last year, so It's good to see them get another shot at redemption.

It's worth noting that Chris Fagan took over an uncompetitive sinking ship of a club and transformed them into a perennial contender. There would be no more deserving coach in the AFL to lift the Premiership Cup.

One thing remains...Hawks beat them every year ;)

As though a Carlton v Essendon game would make Victorians happy. Feel like we'd have a mass exodus from the state for a month if that happened.
Either has a wilfully ignorant vicbias chip on his shoulder or has no understanding of sport basically anywhere in the world.

There’s not a single code that a supporter group jumps on the cross town rival when their team is out. Supporters passionately supporting against the other local teams is a tale as old as time in sport and footy is no exception.

Either has a wilfully ignorant vicbias chip on his shoulder or has no understanding of sport basically anywhere in the world.

There’s not a single code that a supporter group jumps on the cross town rival when their team is out. Supporters passionately supporting against the other local teams is a tale as old as time in sport and footy is no exception.
I think it's the former. Just the backwards mindset of anyone like this, never understood how the #VFLBIAS folk act as though Sydney v Brisbane isn't an AFL wet dream. The two major non-footy states fighting it out. If it's a good match they'll even get grudge match publicity for a few years.

Man, that reads like a Trump quote.

"I have the best self awareness. You've never met anyone with more self awareness then me. My self awareness is yuuuge."
It may seem like rambling to you but alot of English professors would recognise Scott's brilliance as he weaves all these threads in with his own self awareness to create the stable genius of coaching that he is

Geez the standard of footy journalist is low, especially in WA it seems. Must not pay attention to anything outside his state if he thinks Victorians are upset about this result. I love watching a GF where I don't have to see a Victorian side I dislike win a flag.

lol, we're all going to the Melbourne Royal Show anyway :drunk: :rolleyes:

I thought Brisbane were the best team last year, so It's good to see them get another shot at redemption.

It's worth noting that Chris Fagan took over an uncompetitive sinking ship of a club and transformed them into a perennial contender. There would be no more deserving coach in the AFL to lift the Premiership Cup.
I would love for Brisbane to get up for Fages. It doesn't hurt that the teams they need to knock out are Geelong and Sydney, too.

However, when I watch Brisbane, I see a team of Champions, rather than a Champion Team. They don't quite have the same comradery and exuberance we saw Hawthorn play with this year, or Collingwood from last year. Perhaps because there's always been a little selfishness in their forward line.

Maybe it's just my view, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great coach?
Scott has 2 wins from 8 prelims and 2 flags from 13 top 4 finishes. Won’t be remembered
I struggle to make sense of that conclusion based on those stats. 2 flags and competitive nearly every year, often with an average list

Shit bloke but great coach. Done a lot with an average list including winning a flag in 2022. Still hard to believe they won with that side. They will improve their list and be annoying again next year.

well we didnt make it... and i could really care less who wins.... now that Cats, Port are out..... but it is always fun watching the Granny so I will back my home team go Swannies

I didn't think at the time that Geelong were making it. I still don't.
You're a weird dude. It was said when Geelong were 26 points up and looking the goods. You then troll me once Brissy are back in it and again after the game. Good for you.

Anyway I'm very glad the Lions are through. Couldn't stomach the chance of another Cats flag.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I don't rate Geelong's list but unless the rest of the league gets more consistent and trustworthy they're going to stick around finals for a while yet. Their home ground advantage keeps them within punching distance, and Scott's ability to keep them well drilled always catches unreliable teams out in the finals.

I agree that they shouldn't be challenging, but between Melbourne collapsing, Port lacking a spine, Freo and Carlton's inability to live up to their potential and the Dogs having the footy equivalent of Bipolar... can't write them off completely.

I've asked you this question what would you rather, Hawthorn be a club that is top 4 every year makes preliminary finals every year, wins one eventually like Geelong does or like we do, go up wins them sometimes multiple flags, then falls away then rises again and wins more, I think falls away as I feel when we make a preliminary final apart from 2001 I think we a very good chance to win it not just making up the numbers, like something Geelong are.

Hand baggers and port losing is simply
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I've asked you this question what would you rather, Hawthorn be a club that is top 4 every year makes preliminary finals every year, wins one eventually like Geelong does or like we do, go up wins them sometimes multiple flags, then falls away then rises again and wins more, I think falls away as I feel when we make a preliminary final apart from 2001 I think we a very good chance to win it not just making up the numbers, like something Geelong are.
This.
You play to win, not to be competitive but fall short

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back