Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain the outrage over the Stewart bump on Lohman?
No eyes on the ball, no play on the ball, interfered with a player making a play on the ball.

People seriously need to drop the "finals have different interpretations of the rules"
I liked it tbh...It was fair and in the moment. It was a bad call, the umpire said...(sic) it seemed ott.

Can someone explain the outrage over the Stewart bump on Lohman?
No eyes on the ball, no play on the ball, interfered with a player making a play on the ball.

People seriously need to drop the "finals have different interpretations of the rules"
It's an interesting one.

Old school, saw an opportunity to inflict some damage and took it.

A cheap shot yes, once accepted.

Now is different.

Stewart's only intention was to inflict injury on the opposing player (not necessarily serious injury).

Our game is changing. Player welfare and limiting injuries are a priority for those in charge.

Stewart's action had the potential to cause serious injury. If it had, the AFL would be forced to legislate similar actions out of the game in the off season.

It's an interesting one.

Old school, saw an opportunity to inflict some damage and took it.

A cheap shot yes, once accepted.

Now is different.

Stewart's only intention was to inflict injury on the opposing player (not necessarily serious injury).

Our game is changing. Player welfare and limiting injuries are a priority for those in charge.

Stewart's action had the potential to cause serious injury. If it had, the AFL would be forced to legislate similar actions out of the game in the off season.
I see. Reasonable take. But they have to enforce that stringently, all season every game, and educate the commentary team. We need to know what the rules of engagement are...more so the Players.

Have the Hawks beaten every premier in the regular season since our three-peat or am I wrong?

If I was a gambling man I'd have my money on Brissie with those stats.
Didn't beat the premier in any of '17 '18 or '19. We are the only team to have beaten or drawn with every premiership side since the start of the 20s though.

OK, which one of you mob is this guy?

What a bunch of spuds that they'd say anything.

First Hinkley opens his mouth post win.

Now the Cats are the kings are making excuses.

Geelong are the Kings of piss weak.

Probably a good time to post a pic of Selwood post prelim, when he thought ‘they should have won’.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back