Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Os attitude in his comments about his replacement

If that is the vibe across the playing group, watch out. Threepeat type culture
Such a class act. Refused to see himself as a victim or unlucky. His team won a flag and he's loving it, doesn't matter that he wasn't out there.

Also made an effort to point out that Fort absolutely deserved it and wasn't lucky, he earned it and should be playing most weeks.

It was an arguing technique - he was diminishing Neale’s efforts based on their opponents I was pointing out you could do the same with Selwood based on Sydney being equally as non existent in his solitary flag captaincy.

Never said Selwood wasn’t a great player. He was a good captain. I don’t think he was on the Hodge/Voss level of leadership though. He was pumped up by the media more than those two and I think they were far better captains of their footy clubs. And for mine Neale belongs on the same level as Selwood in terms of his leadership of a footy club and that shouldn’t be dismissively rebutted in my view. Having heard from people who know the full ins and outs of what happened with the Lions shenanigans in Vegas (don’t ask me for them I was told in confidence) - what the leadership of that club have done to overcome that, the heartbreaking grand final loss and poor start to the season - it is amazing leadership from Andrews, Neale and Fagan - Selwood, to my knowledge, never had to resurrect a Cats season under similar circumstances.
Selwood probably never had to resurrect a Cats season for obvious reasons (theyre always in the hunt) and possibly due to the standards he set at the club. I would be childish to deny his capabilities. He's well spoken of in regard to his work around the club by everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back