Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

From vast tracts of the Hawthorn fans. So you are calling a lot of Hawthorn fans dickheads.
Maybe you were sitting in the dickhead section? Where I was sitting for all the games I attended, there was a lot of love for Chol.

From vast tracts of the Hawthorn fans. So you are calling a lot of Hawthorn fans dickheads.

'Vast tracts' - mate, lay off thesauras.com or at least use the words you find there in the correct context.

It's basic statistics honestly. The fact that his 9 goal game is 4 standard deviations above the mean would disqualify it from any real analysis.
It's also an exception from the overall population of performances across an entire season. I can counter he still kicked 34 goals aside from that, which is what Mabior got more or less. Can you tell me any time Mabior looked in danger of booting 9 when we were belting sides in the back of the season? No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

It's also an exception from the overall population of performances across an entire season. I can counter he still kicked 34 goals aside from that, which is what Mabior got more or less. Can you tell me any time Mabior looked in danger of booting 9 when we were belting sides in the back of the season? No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

Compare Amartey's pressure acts and tackles I50 and get back to me. Chol isn't there to kick 40-50 goals a season. Chol's goalkicking accuracy was actually better than Amartey's also.

Amartey would not be playing senior footy at Hawthorn if he was on our list - and he certainly wouldn't be in the side in place of Chol.

Even without Mitch Lewis playing this year our forward line was the most cohesive and dangerous it has been in close to a decade. Chol was a big part of that - and any dickhead posters or supporters in the crowd who refuse to take their blinkers off based on preconceived notions of Mabior can genuinely go **** themselves.

Last edited:
No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

So Chol has more room for growth and a higher ceiling in a side that didn't perform as consistently; a better ability to apply physical tackling pressure, relies less on a dominant team performance, and has an identified pathway to scoring growth?

Sold!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back