Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And we start the TTT with the Swindling Swans arguing that yes, the roman spelling of Isaac was a careless mofo.
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Potential result;
Pop Tv Yes GIF by One Day At A Time

And here comes the terminology!

Isaac states that he was swatting, not striking, not hitting, not doing anything untoward except swatting Websters hand. wouldn't you then know it, instead of it being a hand, aghast and woe, it was his face as he was too low, I was shocked I say, shocked!

So dismayed was he that he immediately turned around to say sorry I suppose...

Did back himself into a little corner though, stating he was seeking separation, turned back on the play and that the ball was already coming towards him.

Vision is clear that the action is prior to the ball coming into flight. Not that such a timing issue will mean anything, just something of note.

As expected;

Isaac could spin a tale, wow the audience, bow and have people remark about his chisled jaw line and immaculate hair.
The AFL would then get the stage, sweat profusely, state how it's usual for strikes to be intentional and um, he could see in his periphery!
The Swans, running this show as salacious, would interject how Webster is taller than Isaac, so, how would he expect him to be lower?

And they are now rubbishing the AFLs weak attempt at upholding anything it intimated.

All leads towards the very yes, Heeney can still win a brownlow lookit the coverage in NSW market.

Sydney also trying the 'good bloke' strategy
I liked Heeney's evidence - "My thought went straight to him (Webster)". I seem to recall there may have been another focus of his before his thoughts went straight to Webster.

The time and money spent on this tribunal hearing would be better used on trying to figure out how all four field umpires missed the frickin' free kick!
100%
There was no one else around them at all.

The time and money spent on this tribunal hearing would be better used on trying to figure out how all four field umpires missed the frickin' free kick!

Laura Kane to revolutionise the era by introducing the 5th and allowing the boundary umpires to overrule just in time for North to benefit immensely.

And I'll note; the tribunal deliberating on this for nigh on 40 minutes is about the time for a food delivery and consumption of said meal. Prove me wrong trbinual, prove me wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspension upheld!!

They can still appeal, but yes, colour me surprised.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

With zero context and a straight move onto the other Izak case, this is entirely suss, maybe the steak was well done instead of medium and the tribunal got pissy and was asking for refunds?

Heeney smashed his opponent in the face, taking him out of the game and him getting an easy mark and goal.

While Webster was off, the defence had to be reshuffled with Battle having to go on to Heeney who then gets a soft free for another goal.

Couldn't care less in Heeney got suspended or not. I think personally it was a bit harsh. What I am livid about is that the Saints had fought back to be within a goal and FOUR umpires did not see Heeney smack Jimmy in the face. If it was a free I would have been ok to let it go. But it cost us two goals and the momentum.

The AFL Umpires need to be answerable to this appalling lapse. They pull soft frees out of their arse's 75 metres from the ball all the time, but in a case where a bloke smacks another in the nose, forcing him to first go down and then off with the blood rule is beyond the pale.

Rankine basing his appeal on having the Intentional aspect downgraded to Careless wouldn't be feeling too confident right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back