Discussion 2024 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Scratching my head on this. You do realize the season doesn't start for another 11 weeks. So what difference does it make if SC opens whatever day it does this week? A couple of days is neither here nor there. :confusedv1:

Don't get me wrong. In saying this I'm not defending Uncle Rupert by any stretch.
Using the same logic you could ask why would I bother paying for something that only comes out a few days earlier than the free version.

So you're suggesting they get faded for a day? :moustache:

Enjoy your Holiday:moustache:

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

Basic 2024 picker for those without SC Gold:

Should work OK. Fairly basic, no bells / whistles.

Significant can try plugging in your blokes and see where you land.

Let us know if any dramas.

My understanding of the rules for 2024 is that the four opening round matches will be scored by CD and be relevant for price changes, but that SC doesn't commence until, round one with unlimited trades until then. Compensating byes for the eight teams involved in the Opening Round will be in Rounds 2 (Lions/Carlton), 3 (Suns/GWS), 5 (Pies/Swans), 6 (Dees/Tigers).

Whilst it seems inherently unfair from a SC point of view that 8 teams, particularly the Premos/ Super Premos thereof, will play one less (SC relevant) scoring game than players in the ten teams not involved in OR, there may also be a silver lining.

We get to have a look at real life performances for premiership points. This is particularly important for our chosen keepers but also gives us a free peep at secondary players, with the rookie priced ones being of particular interest.

The early byes for the OR teams present a potential chance to differentiate teams. For Round 3 for instance Flanders/HH (role & price), Green (the closest thing to Oliver in the absence of the real thing) and Miller would all stand out as value choices, but it is hard to miss 4 Premos early in the season. Too far from the madding crowd. It could pay off in spades if you have nailed 4 keepers, 2 of which were underpriced.

I would appreciate any corrections to my interpretation of the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding of the rules for 2024 is that the four opening round matches will be scored by CD and be relevant for price changes, but that SC doesn't commence until, round one with unlimited trades until then. Compensating byes for the eight teams involved in the Opening Round will be in Rounds 2 (Lions/Carlton), 3 (Suns/GWS), 5 (Pies/Swans), 6 (Dees/Tigers).

Whilst it seems inherently unfair from a SC point of view that 8 teams, particularly the Premos/ Super Premos thereof, will play one less (SC relevant) scoring game than players in the ten teams not involved in OR, there may also be a silver lining.

We get to have a look at real life performances for premiership points. This is particularly important for our chosen keepers but also gives us a free peep at secondary players, with the rookie priced ones being of particular interest.

The early byes for the OR teams present a potential chance to differentiate teams. For Round 3 for instance Flanders/HH (role & price), Green (the closest thing to Oliver in the absence of the real thing) and Miller would all stand out as value choices, but it is hard to miss 4 Premos early in the season. Too far from the madding crowd. It could pay off in spades if you have nailed 4 keepers, 2 of which were underpriced.

I would appreciate any corrections to my interpretation of the rules.
You’re correct in your thinking ….. pricing changes will continue, as if the season started in RO

My take is, given we have so many early byes, with best 18 applying …. i want as many premos making up my best 18
Therefore i’m only picking non RO Premo players

Happy to take rookies after RO … they won’t significantly impact best 18 teams

IF i do take a RO player I don’t want an early bye if possible ( r3 or 4)

I want premo players from Freo and Port who have the bye with just 2 teams in R13

You’re correct in your thinking ….. pricing changes will continue, as if the season started in RO

My take is, given we have so many early byes, with best 18 applying …. i want as many premos making up my best 18
Therefore i’m only picking non RO Premo players

Happy to take rookies after RO … they won’t significantly impact best 18 teams

IF i do take a RO player I don’t want an early bye if possible ( r3 or 4)

I want premo players from Freo and Port who have the bye with just 2 teams in R13
Every year, everyone takes a deep dive and try's to get one up on the byes during preseason planning, but in the end, it's the planning on the run that matters. Daicos might end up being 300 points better than Sicily despite playing one less game in the long run. Sicily might get an LTI. WHO KNOWS! You can play percentages, but it's stuff happening IRL that derails seasons (think Tom Stewart donut, and then early return).

Every year, everyone takes a deep dive and try's to get one up on the byes during preseason planning, but in the end, it's the planning on the run that matters. Daicos might end up being 300 points better than Sicily despite playing one less game in the long run. Sicily might get an LTI. WHO KNOWS! You can play percentages, but it's stuff happening IRL that derails seasons (think Tom Stewart donut, and then early return).
100%

Correct, 2 years in a row my weakest bye round has been my highest scoring.

The bye rounds I expect to make ground and perform strongly in my lads all collectively decide to 💩 the bed 😀

you can't plan for the random stuff though, control the controllables

Save me the trouble gutsroy .....have you the Magic Number for Round 1 this year?

I know you're normally all over this .....like honey to a Bee
G'day mate, didn't worry this year as that Emprx bloke on Twitter had already had a look and he is decent in the main (that said, looking at it, last year's is 100% wrong haha - was 5496 or so - pump 'em up and they just let you down haha).

Question about the R0 players. If you're expecting a R0 player to average 120 and they play 22 scoring games then they would score 2640. Say your rookie cover scores a measly 30 in the extra bye then 2670/23=116.

So if you expect your R0 player to be 4 pts average better then it's break even? But you get a slightly better C/VC?

Question about the R0 players. If you're expecting a R0 player to average 120 and they play 22 scoring games then they would score 2640. Say your rookie cover scores a measly 30 in the extra bye then 2670/23=116.

So if you expect your R0 player to be 4 pts average better then it's break even? But you get a slightly better C/VC?
Would say it's a bigger diff than that, assuming they are both blokes you want in your final side. (If not, yeah, seems reasonable). What I mean is
Your choice is Tom Green vs Zak Butters.
Green misses early on and then again Rd 12.
Butters misses Rd 13 (only).
So by that time, you have copped two lower scores in your 18 by going Green.
That is the extreme, though.
Let's say Nick Daicos vs Sicily.
Daicos misses Rd 5 and 16. Sicily Rd 15.
Say you start Daicos and prioritize getting Sic in and you can grab him Rd 9.
By then you have both and you are in the hole for 60 pts by getting Daicos over 9 rds, so about 7 pts/rd.
For the time after you have gotten both, it is irrelevant, it is only until then that you cop it.
On the C/VC front, tricky to answer, few factors that complicate it.

Hello. My buddies and I have decided to do a draft league for the first time. Does anyone happen to know when it will open up for registration for this?

Hello. My buddies and I have decided to do a draft league for the first time. Does anyone happen to know when it will open up for registration for this?
I would say end of Jan

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back