Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It would all come down to what it would cost to get Hill across.
To think Saints would take a player who recently broke their leg and yet to show much at AFL level, for one of their highest paid contracted players is ridiculous.
Even if Brad wants to come I don’t think we could satisfy a trade for what they would want.
Not great optics for Saints, they’re in sales mode to their members over the appointment of Ross, telling everyone to be patient steps backward etc then Hill walks out the door.
No way I'm paying up for a 32 year old Hill.

It's a F4 or he can rot there under Ross.

Saints in all sorts.

Keep hearing that a former 3 time premiership winger might be looking to reunite with Rough and Sam for a shot at a 4th.
If Saints give us Hill for an F4 then we'll pay Battle enough to get the highest grade of FA compensation.

And Hill can absolutely forget about earning St.Kilda money with us. This trade saves your career & maybe your soul - be grateful!

I wouldn't go any further than that.

Personally I've got no issue with him choosing to return home and then choosing to go to the Saints.

But I would rather we not bring him back given his age. He's still a good player, but I'd rather we give CJ, Weddle, D'Ambrosio, Mackenzie, Ward, etc game time over him.
Agree. He'd be best 22 for a couple years at least and I am not fazed by the money as we have too much to spend. Concern would be trade capital and taking opportunities from younger players who will play key roles when we challenge. I'd only consider it if for example 1-2 of Breust and Gunston finished up and we thought it would be worth having that experienced premiership player on the list still. Hill doesn't strike me as much of a leader though. It would also need to be the sort of late pick we traded Tom Mitchell or Gunston for to consider it.

The BIGGEST NO for Hill. Soft as melted butter no thank you.

He's a downhill skier that's as far as it goes. D'Ambrosio, Jiath, Weddle, Macdonald, Draft and Trade prospects we have options for the wings and these boys are all there for the right reason.
Look i am against picking him for his age and his age alone because i think he would cost too much and sets a precedence for other players that are currently on the list approaching that age. If he was 5 years younger i am all in. His ability to run and deliver into a forward line is second to none. He would be an absolute asset.

No way I'm paying up for a 32 year old Hill.

It's a F4 or he can rot there under Ross.
We got pick 23 for a three time premiership wingman. Freo got pick 10 and change for the same player on the way out.
Surely we wouldn’t be silly enough to bend over at the trade table twice on the same player.
He comes cheap or not at all which is why I think he stays a Saint.
Posters saying don’t begrudge him for taking the coin, I’m not begrudging, he made his bed he can lay in it while counting his money.

He's a downhill skier that's as far as it goes

I mean you can say no without just speaking shit. Absolutely not a downhill skier and was a walk up best 22 player in our premiership hat trick side.

Look i am against picking him for his age and his age alone because i think he would cost too much and sets a precedence for other players that are currently on the list approaching that age. If he was 5 years younger i am all in. His ability to run and deliver into a forward line is second to none. He would be an absolute asset.
Irony is we tried when he was 5 years younger and he chose the cash at the Saints.

It would all come down to what it would cost to get Hill across.
To think Saints would take a player who recently broke their leg and yet to show much at AFL level, for one of their highest paid contracted players is ridiculous.
Even if Brad wants to come I don’t think we could satisfy a trade for what they would want.
Not great optics for Saints, they’re in sales mode to their members over the appointment of Ross, telling everyone to be patient steps backward etc then Hill walks out the door.
That's exactly what the saints fans are used to though.

Hahaha. Twomey the Dons fan boy almost ruling us out as an option for Battle. Can't wait to see him backflip when he nominates us.
“Hawthorn have been linked… but I think they’d be further down the pack if I’m ranking my options” he says as he clutches his Bombres dufflecoat, softly emitting a clinking sound from under the gettable desk as his Hird and Lloyd badges clatter together in his lap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Hawthorn have been linked… but I think they’d be further down the pack if I’m ranking my options” he says as he clutches his Bombres dufflecoat, softly emitting a clinking sound from under the gettable desk as his Hird and Lloyd badges clatter together in his lap.
Exactly. How tf are we further down the pack, when just about everyone knows he's from a mad Hawk family and has strong ties with Roughy??
Plus we have the cap space.

What a fool.

Exactly. How tf are we further down the pack, when just about everyone knows he's from a mad Hawk family and has strong ties with Roughy??

What a fool.
We’re always behind the pack for Twomey until we aren’t.

If Saints give us Hill for an F4 then we'll pay Battle enough to get the highest grade of FA compensation.

And Hill can absolutely forget about earning St.Kilda money with us. This trade saves your career & maybe your soul - be grateful!

I wouldn't go any further than that.
Boom…
200w.gif

What a fool.
As a 'show', 'Gettable' feels like a couple of skinny-necked Yr 12 work experience kids kitted out in suits two sizes too big have been handed the keys to the AFL.com studio for a school project. What does holding a couple of table tennis bats and balls mean? I think they used to depict themselves as throwing darts - doesn't that read as 'pure guesswork' rather than 'inside knowledge'?

As a 'show', 'Gettable' feels like a couple of skinny-necked Yr 12 work experience kids kitted out in suits two sizes too big have been handed the keys to the AFL.com studio for a school project. What does holding a couple of table tennis bats and balls mean? I think they used to depict themselves as throwing darts - doesn't that read as 'pure guesswork' rather than 'inside knowledge'?
It's a shits n giggles style program... only without the giggles

The stupid thing is if you go further into the interview (yes I'm in therapy now) he then has the audacity to mention North and the fact that they have huge salary cap $$$. He must think our salary cap money is in pesos or something 😂

Talking to Heath Shaw this morning who is one of my colleagues and he reckons Harry Perryman is gone and that we are into him because of his elite kicking. Apparently we have been into him for a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back