Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will not do that deal as much as we would hope.

Freo will work on the come home and play with your brother factor and get him to request a trade and pick him up for a second round pick.

If he can’t get regular game time this year in our backline then you would expect they will try and get him back to WA this year.
They are actually Victorians the Serongs! So Jai will be leaving home!!
They actually played cricket with Jai Necombe in the under 16's

Attachments

• img.jpeg.jpg
    img.jpeg.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 96

Battle, I see so many similarities with him and Pavlich, of course a class difference that is not a criticism. I wonder if he could play a Josh Gibson role. Or McStay as a forward. The side seems to be growing it's versatility.

Then so be it.

We’re not gifting another year just to get him to 300.

Could we rookie list Breust for next season, get him to 300 games and a farwell game. Let him retire mid season before the MSD and then top up then. Would this work?
As i mentioned before Breust not as fussed if he gets to 300 as much as us supporters.

As i mentioned before Breust not as fussed if he gets to 300 as much as us supporters.
Would have thought the decision is fairly binary.

Either his body is up to it and we keep him on (he’s still contributing at a high level, AA squad last year, et).

Or he’s just struggling to get up for it at the moment and is close to being done despite all that. Sounds like more the latter.

Would have thought the decision is fairly binary.

Either his body is up to it and we keep him on (he’s still contributing at a high level, AA squad last year, et).

Or he’s just struggling to get up for it at the moment and is close to being done despite all that. Sounds like more the latter.
He might not be fussed, but I will be! Will be the utmost annoyance to me seeing him on 299. :)

Would we look to trade Serong to Fremantle??
His brother would be happy that they are together and would guarantee Caleb would stay in WA for his whole career maybe we can trade our 1st and Serong for two of the three Fremantle's first rounders they have this year?
Freo will have a trade target bookmarked for those 1st rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo will not do that deal as much as we would hope.

Freo will work on the come home and play with your brother factor and get him to request a trade and pick him up for a second round pick.

If he can’t get regular game time this year in our backline then you would expect they will try and get him back to WA this year.
The Serong's are from VIC by memory. It wouldn't be a coming home thing but rather the enticement of come play with your brother.

Shiels has been a waste of time, take him out Phillips would have played a lot more games

Shiels is mostly in the VFL because the kids are developing and moving into the seniors.

Phillips played 16 games each of the last 2 years. You really think Shiels kept him from more?

Phillips has only a couple of games this year and Shiels around half of them. You think that is Shiels again ?

Maybe Phillips wasnt ready or was being sent back to the VFL to work on his game. It tends to happen a bit with younger players.

Who is Gunston keeping out?
Breust ?

Shiels is mostly in the VFL because the kids are developing and moving into the seniors.

Phillips played 16 games each of the last 2 years. You really think Shiels kept him from more?

Phillips has only a couple of games this year and Shiels around half of them. You think that is Shiels again ?

Maybe Phillips wasnt ready or was being sent back to the VFL to work on his game. It tends to happen a bit with younger players.

Who is Gunston keeping out?
Breust ?
Shiels has played 23 games for North and mostly when he doesn't play is due to injury
When Lewis is fit we will have to make a decision on Gunston v Dear
Breust has kept Watson out for the last two weeks which is fine as we are playing for finals as opposed to North who are playing to develop for the future

Could we rookie list Breust for next season, get him to 300 games and a farwell game. Let him retire mid season before the MSD and then top up then. Would this work?
We have a Cat B rookie spot and he’s from a non traditional AFL background. I say we take a punt on this NSW boy!😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back