Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fritsch would be amazing.
Fritsch is a very skilful footballer however watching matches live I’ve noticed his work rate borders on disgraceful both offensively and defensively. When he leaves the forward line and the Dees win the ball he just ambles back towards the forward 50 metres meaning his opponent is often a plus one. Defensively he very rarely chases with intent to lock the ball in the forward line. He gives the appearance of being disinterested in doing the team things and giving 100%.

Fritsch is a very skilful footballer however watching matches live I’ve noticed his work rate borders on disgraceful both offensively and defensively. When he leaves the forward line and the Dees win the ball he just ambles back towards the forward 50 metres meaning his opponent is often a plus one. Defensively he very rarely chases with intent to lock the ball in the forward line. He gives the appearance of being disinterested in doing the team things and giving 100%.
Cmon HH his hair isn’t going to adjust itself now is it 😂

Not to mention if you watch him closely, he is allergic to even the slightest hint of physical contact.

Last edited:
If you think Battle will just be 'depth' than you haven't considered how absurdly talented and potent this back 6 would be...

Hardwick/Seamus Battle Impey
Scrimshaw McCabe Sicily

meaning our midfield can also look like this...

C. Amon Day D'Ambrosio
Foll. Meek Newcombe Weddle

So much talent everywhere.
Depending on the opponent, you can just rotate McCabe, Battle and Scrimshaw across the opposition's tall forwards.

If you think Battle will just be 'depth' than you haven't considered how absurdly talented and potent this back 6 would be...

Scrimshaw McCabe Sicily

C. Amon Day D'Ambrosio

Depending on the opponent, you can just rotate McCabe, Battle and Scrimshaw across the opposition's tall forwards.

And if we end up with Smith and Perryman

Scrimshaw McCabe Sicily

C. Amon Day D'Ambrosio

So you are dumping Frosty after a career best season so far?

You have got to be kidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be playing in Weddle's position (across half back) and Weddle would be playing further up the ground more involved around the ball wing/midfield.
It is a tantalizing prospect having the Weddle released to run and bounce and take big marks across the half back.
A run, bounce and kick and Weddle has the ball 25m out from goal...

omg-excited.gif

Scrimshaw McCabe Sicily

C. Amon Day D'Ambrosio

Might be time to start offloading some players for draft picks. Cash in on the fringe.

Such a tough situation. I hate depth ;)

So you are dumping Frosty after a career best season so far?

You have got to be kidding.
No but we do have to plan for life after Frosty and even Sicily. Last I checked it's the HFC not the Frosty FC. If Frosty keeps up his good form then great he can battle for his spot just like everyone else. If we do obtain Battle then we'd have him, Sic, Scrim, Blanck and then eventually McCabe battling out out for 3-4 spots which would be some serious depth.

At this stage now Blanck is out till next season and we're one more serious injury from being exposed which has already sort of happened when Sic popped his shoulder and from all reports will need surgery in the off season. The beauty of Battle is as just like Sic he can swing forward if need be so the versatility would be an added bonus.

Calsher is a good player now.
I am not saying he is not, but the development in him is significant. Another preseason and watch him bloom! We want him to be very good and then we are step closer to winning the flag.
As I have said before, let’s hope Will McCabe is on the same runway and then we have real issues, but very good ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back