Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna throw this one out there, apparently Petracca not happy at the Demons!
1st and future first??
I know people bag Caro but she’s usually correct.
She says that Trac & his family aren’t happy with Melb handling of his injury BUT she believes that he will be at Melb next season.

Appreciate the insight MoM.

Hoped Callow was going to be what I hoped Scaife might be… family cycling background suggested good endurance. Clubs seem to get decisions right, good to hear he is happy. Will keep an eye out for junior.

Did work experience at HFC in 1995 and Jade Rawlings was also there. Was so nice, always said hi years afterwards.
Jade Rawlings as you’d probably know is now at Norwood and has a few Tassie players at the club with more to come to SA at the end of the year when the TSL club. Popular coach by the looks of it.

just what I have been told. Time will tell.
Never thought he would to be honest, the connection to Cotton on is very very strong and Geelong suits him more than us, he’d be loved by the locals, score some really nice digs and be out if the city spot light. Regardless I wish him well, been a troubled young man and hope the move helps him settle in to a long, but not too club successful career.

Jade Rawlings as you’d probably know is now at Norwood and has a few Tassie players at the club with more to come to SA at the end of the year when the TSL club. Popular coach by the looks of it.

Jade had just moved back to TAS when he got the SA job. I do wonder if he will end up in some kind of coaching role at the Tassie Devils.

As much as we all hope it is, Geelongs cupboard isn't completely bare. A list of Holmes, miers, Dempsey, bruhn, stengle, de koning, Henry, Clark, Conway, neale under 25 isn't to bad and no where near the worst in the comp, throw in the pull they will always have attracting players I can see why Smith would go there. And like others have said it becomes his midfield.

I'll be surprised if Clark becomes anything other than a good honest battler.

Aside from an ability to win some contested footy he has no other gifts. Not big. Not strong. Not fast. Skills are fine but that's about it.

His ceiling is somewhere between James Worpel and Ben Keays for me. Won't be helping to change the future of that midfield unless something drastic happens.

De Koning has regressed, but he and Sullivan should be a formidable defensive duo for the next 10 to 12 years.

Holmes is an absolute star.

Bruhn is good, but the jury is out on how good he can be. Still lacks a bit of consistency.

Dempsey and Henry are the two who will trouble defenders. I don't currently believe they have the talls around them to drag a team into finals once Hawkins and Cameron are gone though.

As much as we all hope it is, Geelongs cupboard isn't completely bare. A list of Holmes, miers, Dempsey, bruhn, stengle, de koning, Henry, Clark, Conway, neale under 25 isn't to bad and no where near the worst in the comp, throw in the pull they will always have attracting players I can see why Smith would go there. And like others have said it becomes his midfield.
It's not that full either tbh. That's not a great list.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be surprised if Clark becomes anything other than a good honest battler.

Aside from an ability to win some contested footy he has no other gifts. Not big. Not strong. Not fast. Skills are fine but that's about it.

His ceiling is somewhere between James Worpel and Ben Keays for me. Won't be helping to change the future of that midfield unless something drastic happens.

De Koning has regressed, but he and Sullivan should be a formidable defensive duo for the next 10 to 12 years.

Holmes is an absolute star.

Bruhn is good, but the jury is out on how good he can be. Still lacks a bit of consistency.

Dempsey and Henry are the two who will trouble defenders. I don't currently believe they have the talls around them to drag a team into finals once Hawkins and Cameron are gone though.
Miers, Close, Stengle, Bowes, Zac Guthrie are all good players and young enough to be around for a while.

Agree, their spine is a worry though.

Never thought he would to be honest, the connection to Cotton on is very very strong and Geelong suits him more than us, he’d be loved by the locals, score some really nice digs and be out if the city spot light. Regardless I wish him well, been a troubled young man and hope the move helps him settle in to a long, but not too club successful career.
I don't think this is a great read on his character.

He is someone who loves the spotlight, relishes it, not someone who will be looking to hide from it.

Also, he is not a 'troubled young man' at all, I'm sick of this rhetoric. He is an extremely driven, meticulous kid who happens to be a looker with a Hemsworth rig. He gets more attention than most, good and bad. Which is why he was attacked so much for doing something that half the league do on most weekends.

He is 24 and has the tools to be an elite midfielder. He grew up adoring the hawks and is perfect for us with speed through the middle.

Sure. He might choose geelong. But anyone saying we dont need him is coping. I have no doubt we are going hard and I still think he comes to hawthorn

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Smith not coming folks is what I have been told.

He has said he wants perm midfield.

We have Newc Nash Worps Day Mackenzie and Ward alll trying to squeeze in.

Cats have openings everywhere.

Good. We have a pick 7 sitting in the seconds that is fighting for his career to get back into the firsts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100 % .Collectively their young playing group is just average when you compare it with a lot of other clubs.
Is it?

De Koning, Sullivan, Holmes, Dempsey, Bruhn, Henry brothers, Stengle, Close, Miers is not a bad start.

If they can add Smith and another young mid, they will be back quickly. I'd take their young players over adelaide.

Is it?

De Koning, Sullivan, Holmes, Dempsey, Bruhn, Henry brothers, Stengle, Close, Miers is not a bad start.

If they can add Smith and another young mid, they will be back quickly. I'd take their young players over adelaide.
Plenty in cat-land also pretty confident they’ll grab Harley in a few years.

Serious question but with Smith’s Cotton On deal, can the Cats up this deal to be outside the cap. The cynical part of me says this will be manipulated

Is it?

Probably don't want this being another Geelong 'cliff' discussion but I think compared to the other clubs it's just average . Not bad but nothing much more than that .......but yeah way better than the Crows no doubt , they arguable are the worst

Serious question but with Smith’s Cotton On deal, can the Cats up this deal to be outside the cap. The cynical part of me says this will be manipulated
Have you noticed a third of Geelong's players partners work for Cotton on?

Every club offers job incentives, ambassador money......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back