Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Callaghan would be the icing on the cake to our midfield. Has the perfect mix of quality mid but would be strong in other positions as well.
He's a Rolls-Royce

Callaghan would be the icing on the cake to our midfield. Has the perfect mix of quality mid but would be strong in other positions as well.
whatever the difference in trade price between B.Smith and F. Callaghan, if the option is there I'd rather pay the premium for Callaghan. Better skills, can do it all, younger, no ACL history.

We’ll get nowhere near him with our pick though, will we?

Absolutely not.

I doubt the Giants would let him go for anything less than two top 10 picks. Even that is probably not going to be enough.

He's a jet and they will build the side around him in the future. Green is a brute but Callaghan will be the man to lead them to the top.

I'd pay our first + F1 for Callaghan. Would require a big financial offer to turn his head.
We have 2x 1st round picks, an elite KPF, plus a basket of depth players.
If Callaghan was interested, we could get the deal done.
But the Giants don't lose players they want to keep.
The AFL makes sure of that.

We have 2x 1st round picks, an elite KPF, plus a basket of depth players.
If Callaghan was interested, we could get the deal done.
But the Giants don't lose players they want to keep.
The AFL makes sure of that.
Just keep the pressure on by offering big deals. Even if we don’t land the one that does eventually slip out, it makes things difficult for a rival club that will be competing with us over the foreseeable future.

Gonna throw this one out there, apparently Petracca not happy at the Demons!
1st and future first??
It took 7 years for Geelong's Dangerfield gamble to pay off.
Petracca will be 29 next season, which gives us 2-3 seasons of very high level output before he is likely to fall off.

He might be able to evolve into a powerful mid-height forward and we get 5-6 years out of him, but is he going to make us genuine contenders next season or the one after? I'm not sure. I like a bit of ambition but this one seems a bit of a stretch atm.

Isn’t Clarry rumoured to go to Cats too? Will be interesting to see how Cats get these deals done with possibly finishing top 4

I doubt Cats finish top 4. Have you seen who their next 5 opponents are? ;)

I think he is on track to be the best center square midfielder in the comp. When on song, he is unstoppable.

I'd give up our first and future first for him in an instant.
That’s a massive reach. He is good and can be hard to stop in full flight but yeah abit far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see we’ve gotten to that time of the year where we just drop random names of players that we like into the thread that are zero chance of leaving their clubs.

I see we’ve gotten to that time of the year where we just drop random names of players that we like into the thread that are zero chance of leaving their clubs.
Now what was that Melbourne defender of yester year that we are chasing?

We are probably 3-4 weeks away from the Noah Anderson 'BrInG HiM HoMe' stage of the thread.

Is it?

De Koning, Sullivan, Holmes, Dempsey, Bruhn, Henry brothers, Stengle, Close, Miers is not a bad start.

If they can add Smith and another young mid, they will be back quickly. I'd take their young players over adelaide.
Holmes is an out and out gun, Miers is very good at what he does and that's really where the AA quality talent ends. De Koning has been woeful since that first Rising Star year, Stengle is probably leaving, Henry strikes me as quite hot and cold. The others arent much more than battlers.

Of the top 50 players 25 or under (min 10 games):

Club# of Players
Adelaide
3​
Brisbane
2​
Carlton
2​
Collingwood
1​
Essendon
3​
Fremantle
6​
Geelong
2​
Gold Coast
3​
Greater Western Sydney
3​
Hawthorn
Melbourne
1​
North Melbourne
5​
Port Adelaide
3​
Richmond
1​
St Kilda
2​
Sydney
5​
West Coast
1​
Western Bulldogs
2​

Holmes is an out and out gun, Miers is very good at what he does and that's really where the AA quality talent ends. De Koning has been woeful since that first Rising Star year, Stengle is probably leaving, Henry strikes me as quite hot and cold. The others arent much more than battlers.

Of the top 50 players 25 or under (min 10 games):

Club# of Players
Adelaide
3​
Brisbane
2​
Carlton
2​
Collingwood
1​
Essendon
3​
Fremantle
6​
Geelong
2​
Gold Coast
3​
Greater Western Sydney
3​
Hawthorn
Melbourne
1​
North Melbourne
5​
Port Adelaide
3​
Richmond
1​
St Kilda
2​
Sydney
5​
West Coast
1​
Western Bulldogs
2​
Henry is the cherry on top in a good team. Think hed really struggle in an average team.

Battles manager very non-committal on gettable today. Said that his decision would play out as the season progresses.

Cal also dropping that Smith is likely headed to one of Cats/Hawks.

Battles manager very non-committal on gettable today. Said that his decision would play out as the season progresses.

Cal also dropping that Smith is likely headed to one of Cats/Hawks.
Saw that.

Battle's manager looked very unconvincing.
If he was staying, then surely he'd be confirming that, or we'd see an announcement this week.
Baffling really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back