Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ward is 20 years old.

This idea that we just have to make some sort of move with him because he’s not currently in the senior side is ridiculous.
It’s laughable
It’s head shaking
It’s stupidity

Thank fcuk these people have no place on our list management team

The mail is solid. I'd be staggered if it's wrong.
Mitch must have caught wind he was staying. Sounds like a last ditch attempt to be fair.
I'm not going to throw shade but I have been around this board a while and can remember multiple times that "solid mail" hasn't been delivered.

I'm not going to throw shade but I have been around this board a while and can remember multiple times that "solid mail" hasn't been delivered.

If you’ve been around the board a while mate, you’d know that any mail should be taken in the spirit it’s intended by those that go out of their way to post it.

Don’t be another that shoots the messenger and ultimately ruins it for everyone else.

I for one enjoy the rollercoaster.

Didn’t you have solid mail last year that McKay was signing with us?

From an outside observer, the McKay situation made perfect sense.
He visited Hawthorn one day, was impressed and verbally indicated an intention to chooses us.
TD heard / knew of this and let us know.
Then Dodoro or his manager talked him into choosing Essendon.
It happens.

As arrogant as it sounds, at this point I can only laugh at any player who has the genuine opportunity to join us and chooses not to.

Just about every player who has joined us from another club recently has gone on to play career best footy and have important key roles in the game plan.

Amon, Meek, D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan, Chol.

On top of that it’s a fun, free flowing game style with a young, energetic group. A footballing genius (no longer a meme, completely unironic) coach who actually encourages his players to bring their flair and not just another gear in the machine.

There’s no guarantees we continue to rise up, but equally there’s no guarantees those who are already up stay there.
100% this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He visited Hawthorn one day, was impressed and verbally indicated an intention to chooses us.
It happens.
This.

I wonder if Fremantle will come for our first if it’s around pick 6 if it’s around that number, so they could try to use it for Chad Warner.

It happens.
I’m not questioning this. I’m pointing out that “solid mail” is rarely actually “solid”. No knock on TD, it’s just that sources get it wrong, often.

Would rather throw the kitchen sink at Balta next year than Battle this year. He would be the missing piece in our backline without taking into account what McCabe could add to the mix long term.
Why not this year?

The Tigers need early draft picks and if our 1st ends up in the 10-15 range, would that be enough? It might not tempt them but no harm in asking.

Would rather throw the kitchen sink at Balta next year than Battle this year. He would be the missing piece in our backline without taking into account what McCabe could add to the mix long term.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I’m not questioning this. I’m pointing out that “solid mail” is rarely actually “solid”. No knock on TD, it’s just that sources get it wrong, often.
I think a lot of the time it comes down to how you interpret the mail and it's not a matter of right or wrong. The players manager or the player themselves would have various reasons for leaking info with much of it not being true (ie bump up $$$, years on a contract, create a market or force a trade etc). This is more than likely why the info changes at the drop of a hat because it wouldn't get released unless it's to serve a purpose.

I think it's always safe to take whatever you hear for what it is until things become more clearer / obvious. All we need to know is that we're under consideration and let the clubs culture and on field results do the rest.

Also most teams boards have ITKs at various clubs that know when teams start to drop out of the so called race and that's usually a good indicator to which way things are headed.

I think a lot of the time it comes down to how you interpret the mail and it's not a matter of right or wrong. The players manager or the player themselves would have various reasons for leaking info with much of it not being true (ie bump up $$$, years on a contract, create a market or force a trade etc). This is more than likely why the info changes at the drop of a hat because it wouldn't get released unless it's to serve a purpose.

I think it's always safe to take whatever you hear for what it is until things become more clearer / obvious. All we need to know is that we're under consideration and let the clubs culture and on field results do the rest.

Also most teams boards have ITKs at various clubs that know when teams start to drop out of the so called race and that's usually a good indicator to which way things are headed.
Put it this way

There’s a Dogs ITK that has been sprouting how connected he is since March regarding the Bailey Stuff

Recently revealed he heard it from a player sponser

There are ITKs and “In The Knows”

Very few of the second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back