Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get it. Clarko tried to transplant an entirely new engine room, bringing in Barrass is just filling in a gap. It's more like the Hale, Gibson, Burgoyne and Lake deals than the Wingard and O'Meara ones.

Aside from Lake, all of those you mentioned were in their mid 20s when they came across in 2009/10. Lake came across after we failed to win silverware in the years following those acquisitions.

Aside from Lake, all of those you mentioned were in their mid 20s when they came across in 2009/10. Lake came across after we failed to win silverware in the years following those acquisitions.
So? Jaeger and Tom were in their early 20s. That's not the point I was making, it's the role they're playing in the team. Adding to an existing core, not trying to replace the core.

Like my 13 year old self first seeing the Ribald magazine, Barrass will stiffen us up!
Comes down to cost but if around our first one way or another we just get it done. This draft especially looking at the first BF phantom is really deep so picks in the 20s and 30s will work. Blanck is good honest and may be more but he’s 22 in 3 years time he can take over.

If we don’t get Barrass is there any KB OOC next year to target?

I’m in the No camp for trading for Barass… Too early in our development and too late in his career..He’s the sort of player you ideally add as a FA.. not give up a high end first round pick.
We’ve done amazingly well to bring in high end talent without sacrificing our draft position.. I’d be maintaining that strategy for another year or two.. Battle is our guy for this year..hope we can get this done..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why don't we just trust Mitchell and the list management team in picking what the team needs.

Funny reading the speculation here but if you listen to the club (via Rob McCartney) they have stated 3 needs for season 2025:

1. KPD Battle / Barras
2. KPF ?
3. Explosive mid Smith

Perryman has been mentioned but not linked strongly.

KPF are a rare commodity unless they are unwanted (Hogan at 3rd club), free agents (Cameron traded as a result, Lynch) or rough diamonds 💎 in lower leagues (Mihochek, Scaife).

If both Battle and Barras come to Hawks then either Weddle / Hardwick / Sicily could be freed from backline duties to play as key fwd marking target in 2025 - alleviating Mitch Lewis and 3rd tall fwd option gap in list.

As for Bailey Smith - the choice is his, come to the LA Lakers or sit in Torquay living the dream playing 8 times down the road at the VIC govt vote grabbing upgrade of a suburban ground from the 1980's. He probably needs to stay away from the spotlights of the city and be wrapt in cotton on wool blankets to stay out of trouble anyway.

If Smith goes to Cats he has been promised land deals no doubt and with AFL not regulating that stuff we won't be able to compete ... full stop.

Barrass ❌
Smith ❌
Battle :heavycheck:
KPF 1st round :heavycheck:

We could be a top 4 chance with the addition of barass. Sicily, our best player will be 30 next season with likely 3/4 years left. If barass is a chance I'm all for it , get the most out of the team with key players in there prime, we have enough youth developing at box Hill that could come on. Try get a back into this draft with picks in the mid 20s and 30s where there is alot of depth.

Seen a few people suggesting Battle will stay, not sure where this idea is coming from as it doesn't seem like anything has changed since March when Ross Lyon pretty much stated on TV that he's going to Hawthorn.

Spoke to a mate from Stkilda and most of the talk amongst players there is that he's going to Hawks.

My preference is always for a free agent over a trade even if the player isn't as good. But age and injury considerations I think Battle offers us more than Barrass.

We've already signed the best free agent available this year (Hardwick) I want us going Hard for battle, Perryman and Nash.

I really want Nash to stay and would hope he repays the faith shown in him. Though as good as he's been and the unique strengths he has, I am still a bit nervous that his flaws that haven't improved are going to be an issue in a high pressure final. Most games we haven't needed him too, but there comes a time when every player is expected to take their chances of front of goal and he just doesn't look capable. His midfield work makes up for the flaw, I just get scared that we'll be found out.
Nash's physicality is born for finals. Couldn't care less what his kicking for goal is like. If he provides the grunt that allows the team to flourish we are laughing.

Harris Andrews from Brisbane. UFA doubt he would leave though.
Mac Andrew from the Suns. Would be easily 2 firsts, but would suit the list profile perfectly for us. He is the one I really want us to target next year…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul wrote let it be.

That’s because John was an abusive hack whose songs are some horrifically overrated trash.

‘So this is Christmas, and what have you done?’

I dunno mate, but I certainly didn’t punch my wife or abandon my child so spare me the judgement you hypocritical flog.

Like my 13 year old self first seeing the Ribald magazine, Barrass will stiffen us up!
Comes down to cost but if around our first one way or another we just get it done. This draft especially looking at the first BF phantom is really deep so picks in the 20s and 30s will work. Blanck is good honest and may be more but he’s 22 in 3 years time he can take over.
Geez how old are you FB? I mean I was content with the good ole Target catalogue 😂

I believe Noah Bolta is a RFA next year
He is one we could target if we don’t get any key talls this off season

Why don't we just trust Mitchell and the list management team in picking what the team needs.

Funny reading the speculation here but if you listen to the club (via Rob McCartney) they have stated 3 needs for season 2025:

1. KPD Battle / Barras
2. KPF ?
3. Explosive mid Smith

KPF are a rare commodity unless they are unwanted (Hogan at 3rd club), free agents (Cameron traded as a result, Lynch) or rough diamonds 💎 in lower leagues (Mihochek, Scaife).

If both Battle and Barras come to Hawks then either Weddle / Hardwick / Sicily could be freed from backline duties to play as key fwd marking target in 2025 - alleviating Mitch Lewis and 3rd tall fwd option gap in list.

As for Bailey Smith - the choice is his, come to the LA Lakers or sit in Torquay living the dream playing 8 times down the road at the VIC govt vote grabbing upgrade of a suburban ground from the 1980's. He probably needs to stay away from the spotlights of the city and be wrapt in cotton on wool blankets to stay out of trouble anyway.

If Smith goes to Cats he has been promised land deals no doubt and with AFL not regulating that stuff we won't be able to compete ... full stop.
✅✅✅ This. Trust the process.

Would like us go after Ed Allan a son of Ben should be playing for Hawthorn not Collingwood.

Been reading Pies forum a fair bit on his progress - and for a large chunk of the year, he has been a bit underwhelming at VFL level.

However - he was massive in the VFL today. Arguably best game at the level it feels like. Would be interesting to see what it would take to prize him out - but I doubt we go for him just on sentimentality.

I just got back from watching Box Hill and noticed a few things. Harry Morrison is wasted at VFL level. He will definitely be in the sights of other clubs for next year. If we do pursue Barass then it won't be DGB West Coast will want, it will be Serong. He was terrific today and just going on his form over the last couple of months, he deserves a shot as much as Morrison and Maginness. Scaife is bloody big unit!

1. KPD Battle / Barras
2. KPF ?
3. Explosive mid Smith

I love the second line of targets the club ends up going for.

We've seen the club not get the publicised targets (e.g Mackay and Ratagulea last year). And then this this line of surprise packets that, as a fan, is so fascinating.

In 2022 we overhauled the midfield. Out with the old, draft in the new. Day, Newcombe, Worpel and Nash to be the core.
In 2023 we overhauled the forward line and brough in Chol, Ginni, Watson and Gunston.

In 2024........ Battle? and..... ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back