Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think that we could offer nexts years first round pick as part of the Barrass deal and retain this years first as the draft pool is reportedly very strong this year.

Yes, but I doubt the Weagles would want that.

Maybe we can make a move with Brisbane or GCS, who will surely be looking to trade back or out of the draft.

Rationale thinking will prevail. No teams use firsts on 30 year olds. Let alone, one who is an injury away from retirement. Barrass puts his body on the line for contests, one bad knee in the back and it’s potentially over.

Four firsts for Wingard and O’Meara combined. Kept the physios busy, trophy cabinet, not so much.

Barrass will be no different. Year on year in the medical tent.

Travaglia 15 year player, let it be known.

Again, no relevance to projectdingley. Big supporter though. Where has he gone? Banned for speaking the truth?

Wanted Watson when 90% of the thread didn’t. Said no to Bazlenka when 99% wanted Pick 5 shipped to the dogs. What a disaster trading The Wizard (generational talent) would’ve been for a bloke that did an ACL pre-season.

Rationale thinking will be prevail. Tobie Travaglia, future Hawk.
??? If you count Burton than Chad was 2 firsts. JOM was 1 first.

Rationale thinking will prevail. No teams use firsts on 30 year olds. Let alone, one who is an injury away from retirement. Barrass puts his body on the line for contests, one bad knee in the back and it’s potentially over.

Four firsts for Wingard and O’Meara combined. Kept the physios busy, trophy cabinet, not so much.

Barrass will be no different. Year on year in the medical tent.

Travaglia 15 year player, let it be known.

Again, no relevance to projectdingley. Big supporter though. Where has he gone? Banned for speaking the truth?

Wanted Watson when 90% of the thread didn’t. Said no to Bazlenka when 99% wanted Pick 5 shipped to the dogs. What a disaster trading The Wizard (generational talent) would’ve been for a bloke that did an ACL pre-season.

Rationale thinking will be prevail. Tobie Travaglia, future Hawk.

Just just the **** up.

And it’s rational, not rationale. If you’re going to pose as a pseudo intellectual at least get the intellectual part right.

Just just the **** up.

And it’s rational, not rationale. If you’re going to pose as a pseudo intellectual at least get the intellectual part right.
Why you irrationale be prevail?

Probably the most afl move of all time “let’s bring back unlimited access to NGA players a year before the rules that will make the system more fair”

Brad Scott calling in some serious favours apparently, what a joke
The AFL draft system is and continues be the compromised in world sport - just craziness

The AFL draft system is and continues be the compromised in world sport - just craziness
I know a guy at AFL House & he just told me that Russia withdrew its application for an AFL license due to a lack of transparency & integrity within the league's administration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to go shopping at clubs that have had their premiership window closed. Petracca this year and Balta next year.

I’ll go out for Balta this year Richmond wants picks also and is younger with no major injuries, Mitchell could turn him into the next Chris Langford.

I’ll go out for Balta this year Richmond wants picks also and is younger with no major injuries, Mitchell could turn him into the next Chris Langford.
He's 24.
Surely they'd hope/expect him to be a pillar of & lead the rebuild.

It's Lynch et al. they should be trading out

The Hawks are trying to find a KPD

Tom Barrass.

The Hawks have reportedly (taken with a grain of salt) tabled a 4 or 5 year deal for Tom Barrass who will be 29 years old in October this year. He is contracted to the Eagles until the end of 2027 (when he will be 32).

As good as he is, and as much as the Hawks need a player like him, I cannot understand why the Hawks would go after him. Especially given his injury status. This is a quote from Barrass himself.
“It was a compression fracture to my T8 (vertebrae), and I’ve wedged about five of my other vertebrae a bit shorter. It’s just something I’m going to have to manage forever. It still gives me a bit of trouble in my everyday life. It’s OK when I’m moving, but as soon as I’m static, I feel like I’ve got a broken back again. It’s a permanent thing, and it’s something that I work on from the second I wake up. I’ve got to do my mobility and get moving and find a way to come to work.”
These were the confronting words of Tom Barrass in February during an interview with 7NEWS, reflecting on the injury that ended his 2023 season after he fell awkwardly in a marking contest against Richmond and landed on his neck.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...-red-flags-for-contract-extension-c-15554018#

Barrass got the injury playing footy and so it is not unreasonable to think a contact sport like AFL could create another impact that would end his football career (hopefully not, he seems a refreshingly honest and likeable man).
Worse for the Hawks, to get a contracted player, it will cost big time in terms of picks.

For me, the risk is not worth the reward with Barrass (197cm). If we are set on getting a KPD, throw some more money at the UFA in Josh Battle who will be 26yrs old in September this year and has no chronic injury issues. And surely he likes what he sees with the Hawks future. He may not be overly tall (193cm), but neither is Steven May (193cm). Battle is low risk in that he would be in the Hawks best 22 from the first game in 2025. And he has no history of significant injuries. He would be perfect at CHB.

… and then we wait for McCabe (197cm) to come on… which may not be too long given the poise and talent he has shown in his first couple of games at Box Hill.

Not sure about Barass but Battle is one that we should have.

All the talk about Bazlenka has dissipated - is it that clear he is going to the Cats?

Surely he would be a good fit with the likes of Ginnivan and the rascals.

Baz to the Cats is old news. We move on quick here on the Hawks board .

The Hawks are trying to find a KPD

Tom Barrass.

The Hawks have reportedly (taken with a grain of salt) tabled a 4 or 5 year deal for Tom Barrass who will be 29 years old in October this year. He is contracted to the Eagles until the end of 2027 (when he will be 32).

As good as he is, and as much as the Hawks need a player like him, I cannot understand why the Hawks would go after him. Especially given his injury status. This is a quote from Barrass himself.
“It was a compression fracture to my T8 (vertebrae), and I’ve wedged about five of my other vertebrae a bit shorter. It’s just something I’m going to have to manage forever. It still gives me a bit of trouble in my everyday life. It’s OK when I’m moving, but as soon as I’m static, I feel like I’ve got a broken back again. It’s a permanent thing, and it’s something that I work on from the second I wake up. I’ve got to do my mobility and get moving and find a way to come to work.”
These were the confronting words of Tom Barrass in February during an interview with 7NEWS, reflecting on the injury that ended his 2023 season after he fell awkwardly in a marking contest against Richmond and landed on his neck.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...-red-flags-for-contract-extension-c-15554018#

Barrass got the injury playing footy and so it is not unreasonable to think a contact sport like AFL could create another impact that would end his football career (hopefully not, he seems a refreshingly honest and likeable man).
Worse for the Hawks, to get a contracted player, it will cost big time in terms of picks.

For me, the risk is not worth the reward with Barrass (197cm). If we are set on getting a KPD, throw some more money at the UFA in Josh Battle who will be 26yrs old in September this year and has no chronic injury issues. And surely he likes what he sees with the Hawks future. He may not be overly tall (193cm), but neither is Steven May (193cm). Battle is low risk in that he would be in the Hawks best 22 from the first game in 2025. And he has no history of significant injuries. He would be perfect at CHB.

… and then we wait for McCabe (197cm) to come on… which may not be too long given the poise and talent he has shown in his first couple of games at Box Hill.
We trust the List Management Team at Hawthorn They've earnt it. Due diligence will be done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back