Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Get ready for day 1…..

“The eagles are demanding 2 first round picks for Barrass and will not trade him unless they are satisfied”.

Bookmark it.
And these deals always get done to mostly satisfy both and sometimes at the last minute.

Last edited:

I was most excited about what getting Battle would allow us to do with other players roles and less about what he was going to be able to do himself.

If he's not coming then hopefully there's enough pre-season development in guys like Serong, McCabe and even DGB to see one of them step into to fill that same spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle will have a Battle in his hands for the rest of his career! St. Kilda and premierships just don't get along. Awful decision, not just because Hawthorn missed out, even if it was a club like the cats, Swans or pies, if these sort of clubs want you in their colours, I reckon you go! Some believe that Josh form spiked up all the while he left his contract talks till later in the season, using the Hawks as leverage and getting a huge pay rise by his current club to stay on. Basically, " Show me the money and I'll stay" type of leverage. Well, good luck to him, he's just jumped from 400k to about 950k a year.

Feels weird from a Saints perspective. Battle signing as a F/A would’ve netted them a top 5 pick.

I respect keeping your guys around but they seem particularly determined to be mired in mediocrity?
Rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my view), the saints don’t see themselves as needing to rebuild and so pick 5 isn’t what they want.

If Battle has decided to stay at St Kilda then I hope the club is learning from this and previous experiences. It needs to know when to walk away. Which means as soon as the player manager begins to play money games ie, starts to play clubs off against each other to inflate the contract then just walk away. I keep saying this and I firmly hold it to be true - if a player is genuinely interested in moving to a club then a deal is worked out. They tell you up front that they want to move. To your club. There are numerous cases and I think these are the best cases of a good trade or signing. As soon as the bidding war games begin then they are not serious and are just looking for as much money as they can get. At that point you just need to walk away. This is not the sort of "motivation" you are looking for. Looking at it from outside football or sport, if you are looking to employ somebody and spent time and money through the process and made them an offer and they came back and told you that they had a better offer and could you beat it then the answer is to thank them for their time and good bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back