Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This Sam Faf guy on X just went with is it true Petracca will go to Hawks if trade can be worked out. I’m guessing if this could be done although highly unlikely we would shelve Barrass and get Battle, and players would be involved to get Petracca along with picks. This guy seems right lately

This Sam Faf guy on X just went with is it true Petracca will go to Hawks if trade can be worked out. I’m guessing if this could be done although highly unlikely we would shelve Barrass and get Battle, and players would be involved to get Petracca along with picks. This guy seems right lately
Don’t be a sucker. He’s not stating anything, he’s posing questions so that he can say that he never made any claim.

Let's get this out in the open Sic will never play forward permanently. He might go there as a break glass however will then go back the following week. He is just too valuable behind the ball

He's the best defender in the league when he's on form. You just don't mess with that.

Petracca immediately comes to mind let alone Impey. A lot of ppl here are risk averse and that is just part of who u are. I understand that. If u do not take risks however u never achieve greatness.

It's true in all facets of life let alone a football club. We took the risk on burgoyne it paid off. We took the risk on Jom well didn't go as well. You ride the bumps and keep trying don't let the past stop you from making important decisions. If we tow the line and head to the draft like a Carlton and so many others u end up like them.

Hawthorn have always been brave with their list strategy. Historically it's what makes us stand out from the rest of the pack.

A lot here complained about letting go of Mitch and Hodge and a few of our ageing champs. You go to other supporters boards and you are lauded for those decisions including letting go of a hawthorn coaching legend for a novice coach. Big decisions with huge risk and you now have the 2024 hawthorn season.

Hawthorn are the club we are because we ride a tight rope. Always on the edge(not essendon edge lol)

The trading of Croad and McPharlin to get pick 1 (Luke Hodge) was another risky decision. For the first 3-4 years, people were saying we wasted it on Hodge when we could have got either Judd or Ball, who both started off pretty well.

Once again in 2004 by appointing an unknown in Clarkson, over other credential coach’s like Gary Ayres, Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade.
Which once again was ridiculed through the media and opposition supporters. We have an uncanny knack of doing things differently from outside perspectives, which is what has made us successful.

O'Meara is in his 8th season since we recruited him and his best football was with Hawthorn. He showed potential early to one day be a better player than he ended up being but that's true of many players.

O'Meara's legacy is hurt by the hype as a junior.
Don’t dispute that but we didn’t pay for a good solid above average role player. That’s what we got and pre injury he was on a trajectory to be much much more than that. The injury almost certainly is heavily responsible for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the same people that don't want to trade a first for barrass are the ones saying they'd offer up ward, dgb, even mckenzie up for trade. I'm confused.
By what part? Also I have seen very very very few people keen to trade Mackenzie

I get that people have felt we were burned (to varying degrees) by the JOM, Wingard, Scully, Patton and Vickery trades of the past.

But that was all done under a previous regime.

The current regime has brought in Chol, D'Ambrosio and Ginnivan. All three have been roaring successes. Granted only Chol would really fit the bracket of the initial group of players and he did not have any injury concerns. But he had other concerns and has put them all to bed (tucked them in and then gave them a goodnight kiss on the forehead).

Stephens has not worked out, which makes the return on Mitchell look poor. But that hasn't set us back in any way.

Last edited:
I had a pretty decent time out on the piss last night….

Surprised Fire GIF
I was posting drunk whilst dancing to eighties hits at a pub. That’s how I Bigfooty

Hopefully the price reflects the risk / reward. I think our first pick - which is now looking at being 10-15 - is a reasonable main piece of a trade. Two firsts would be overs and I doubt very much that is in play unless we keep winning this year (and pick goes 15+) and it includes a swap like our F1 and we get their F2 (which will be low) etc.

Why would two first be overs? I don't think next year's draft is as deep as this years. Next year the first round pick could be 15-18, or further out, so essentially if you're willing to give up this year's first round pick, which could be a 200 game player, next year's would be steak knives. So if you want Barass because he's is premium KPD, than you can pay the two first round picks.

Barass in the worst 5 for 1on1 loss % doesn’t look great but id be interested to know his stats for this in previous years. To my eye he’s been and still is an A grade defender.

In his best and fairest year, in 2022, he went a bit better he lost 28% as opposed to the 34% this year. He also got to more defensive 1v1 3.3 per game vs 1.8 per game this year (the lowest of his career, including his first season, in fact he's never averaged below two per game, his averaged three defensive contests nearly every single season).

He's definitely slowed down a bit this year, compared to previous years, which should be a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back