Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a great game
Battle will be a solid addition to the Hawks but geez that Wilkie is some kind of a player.

Playing for the Saints I haven't watched much of him (who wants to watch Ross Lyon coached teams if you don't have to) but he was awesome tonight. Probably the closest I've seen an opposition backman reach the level that Sicily does.

If only we could draft a Daicos or Rachelle type of midfielder, a game changer midfielders that makes nothing into something with pace.

Maybe Weddle will become that player for us.
Rachelle averages less clearances than Ginnivan, MacDonald and Moore. Only .4 more than Watson. Rachelle wouldn't get a game at hawthorn.

Battle will be a solid addition to the Hawks but geez that Wilkie is some kind of a player.

Playing for the Saints I haven't watched much of him (who wants to watch Ross Lyon coached teams if you don't have to) but he was awesome tonight. Probably the closest I've seen an opposition backman reach the level that Sicily does.
That is 1 concern I have about the Barrass and Battle scenario is both are 2nd fiddle key defenders.

We would be looking at Barrass to be the lockdown on the tallest Forward and battle in the smaller higher forward intercepting. So against Carlton we'd go Barrass v McKay and battle v Curnow.

Having, Frost, Blank, Sicily, scrimshaw and Weddle as other options means we cover all types. I feel only Weddle is well suited to the medium high flyers, opposition usually like to exploit Sicily by having those guys like Fritsch or Melksham sitting on Sicily's head all game.

I love it hw they are asking if the saints would take pick 6 for him. 'Should they let him go'

They dont have a ****en choice!

Are these the best media pundits we can master up? They don't even understand Free agency.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
They have the choice to continue trying to keep him, or pack his bags for him.

Melbourne could have kept Frawley but chose not to offer anywhere close to a fair contract.

If Stkilda knows they could get pick 6 their contract offer disappears, if they think it's an end of the first round they put in a strong offer.

Could Ginnivan become that player if he could play the way he did v Collingwood on a regular basis?.
If I had money on anyone it would MacDonald, was gun mids during his junior years, though no reason Ginnivan couldn't if he continues to improve his tank.

I get that people have felt we were burned (to varying degrees) by the JOM, Wingard, Scully, Patton and Vickery trades of the past.

But that was all done under a previous regime.

The current regime has brought in Chol, D'Ambrosio and Ginnivan. All three have been roaring successes. Granted only Chol would really fit the bracket of the initial group of players and he did not have any injury concerns. But he had other concerns and has put them all to bed (tucked them in and then gave them a goodnight kiss on the forehead).

Stephens has not worked out, which makes the return on Mitchell look poor. But that hasn't set us back in any way.
In fairness the past 'regime' also got us Burgoyne, Lake, Hale, Gibson, Dew and mature age rookies in Smith and Poppy, so one has to accept an element of luck in these things.

Hope he's not swayed by excitement of tonight's win and signs with Saints. It'll make a little bit harder tbh, but dont think he's that gullible. Also sure we dont Marshall instead??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm up for grabbing Barass. I like Blancky, and think he has a big future, but he is as yet unproven (and no, I'm not going to be one of these idiots howling "he's not Chris Langford in his first 25 games!!")

If we grab Barass (and he stays healthy), our backline, already performing well, starts to look complete. Like a premiership contending backline. It frees up Sis to float around the backline and Weds to run free up the field, destroying all in his path.

Gives us the kind of depth we have with small forwards too - Barass, Frost, Blanck, Scrim, Weds (when needed back there), Dimma, Imps, with McCabe to develop. Damn that looks good. If we happen to chuck Battle in there as well, start engraving another cup.....
You forgot Battle. He's coming!

I never have any ITK stuff but it's time to pop my cherry .
I heard Saints Jimmy Webster is retiring end of year and moving back to Tassie.
That's it. Phew - what a load off. Carrying around that info has been such a burden. ;)

It’s just a meme. Similar to the “crom”. Doesn’t really mean anything.

That's the way with civilized men. When they can't explain something by their half-baked science, they refuse to believe it.

Crom laughs at your memes. He laughs from his mountain.
Little he cares if men live or die.
Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune!

In fairness the past 'regime' also got us Burgoyne, Lake, Hale, Gibson, Dew and mature age rookies in Smith and Poppy, so one has to accept an element of luck in these things.

To a degree you’re right - but the players J2S invoked were mostly brought in when one person was dictating terms and running our club into a pretty deep ditch. The players you’ve mentioned are when our club wasn’t being run as a fiefdom.

Battle at Box Hill

Still Makes me laugh

That’s generally what clubs do though - offer big money, long term deals to sought after players only to park the player at their feeder club.

And don’t anyone quote me talking about Vickery - I’ve clearly used the words ‘sought after’.

That’s generally what clubs do though - offer big money, long term deals to sought after players only to park the player at their feeder club.

And don’t anyone quote me talking about Vickery - I’ve clearly used the words ‘sought after’.
Frost could finish top 3 in the best and fairest and start next year at Box Hill if we land Barrass and Battle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back