Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion data.

Curious as to who you have better than him this year on form and how?

Just dont think he even plays wing. He's regularly on the last line of defence.
Personally I think Brad Hill, Wanganeen-Milera and even someone like a Blake Acres, have been better as pure wingmen so far.

He’s rated elite for :

Rebound 50’s
Kicking efficiency
Intercept possessions
Score launches

Having a very good year.

Yeah thats great stats but I mean hes only just in the top 100 for effective kicks, I'd be interested to see what part of the ground he actually intercepts and rebound 50's is kinda a pointless stat for wingmen? Also highlights the fact he doesnt actually play there that much.

Personally I think Brad Hill, Wanganeen-Milera and even someone like a Blake Acres, have been better as pure wingmen so far.

Yeah thats great stats but I mean hes only just in the top 100 for effective kicks, I'd be interested to see what part of the ground he actually intercepts and rebound 50's is kinda a pointless stat for wingmen? Also highlights the fact he doesnt actually play there that much.
Acres not even in the top 5 by any metric.

Have a listen to Hoyne on SEN earlier this evening where he breaks it all down and explains why Mass is no.1 in the comp currently.

In what world is a winger that gets back and rebounds out of defensive 50 a pointless stat?

Acres not even in the top 5 by any metric.

Have a listen to Hoyne on SEN earlier this evening where he breaks it all down and explains why Mass is no.1 in the comp currently.

I'll have a listen but yeah, I get champion data have a whole heap of metrics and stuff, just personally don't think he's at the same level in totality as the guys I mentioned regardless of what the stats sheet says.

In what world is a winger that gets back and rebounds out of defensive 50 a pointless stat?

It just doesnt tell any story? A rebound 50 is just crossing the defensive 50 arc. He naturally gets a lot of this as a beneficiary of the role he plays. Even takes kickouts I believe? I'm just not that sold on that metric as something that makes a player good

It just doesnt tell any story? A rebound 50 is just crossing the defensive 50 arc. He naturally gets a lot of this as a beneficiary of the role he plays. Even takes kickouts I believe? I'm just not that sold on that metric as something that makes a player good
wtf?
Do you think his rebound 50's might be worthwhile considering he's rated elite for kicking efficiency and score launches?

wtf?
Do you think his rebound 50's might be worthwhile considering he's rated elite for kicking efficiency and score launches?

Fair point, I just don’t see it though.
He’s had over 20 touches 2/5 games. We’ve been belted most of the time. His Essendon game was elite, I’ll give you that.

Feel free to bookmark/call me a numpty when he makes the AA squad but off the eye test he’s just not in that top echelon of wingmen for me

We dont need many, if any, more good average role players.
We have them in abundance.
We need stars.
Either they need to develope from our youngsters, be drafted or traded in.

The only question about Lukosius is his heart. He has more talent in his little finger than most of our list. Probably means he won't be carrying us to the promised land but he'd be bloody handy if we ever got there.

Last edited:
The US don’t have Australian style restraint of trade laws - so it’s a moot point. Also every major league there has maximum rookie contracts of 3-4 years - not 6-8.

And, yes, I do think it’s fine for players to be able to choose where they want to work and live. If you’re into depriving people of their basic freedoms then good for you, I guess.
How would it be depriving anyone of anything if it is a system established before players agreed to enter it?

We dont need many if any more good average role players.
We have them in abundance.
We need stars.
Either they need to develope from our youngsters, be drafted or traded in.

The only question about Lukosius is his heart. He has more talent in his little finger than most of our list. Probably means he won't be carrying us to the promised land but he'd be bloody handy if we ever got there.
He is extremely talented, but as you and a couple of others have said, he is soft. We have got enough soft players as it is. I think Hardwick won’t mind if he leaves, as he won’t fit the way Hardwick likes his team to play.

I see him as a very tall athletic chb . He and Denver are SO important for our kp future that I wanna see both get games next year onwards, frequently.
Agreed but if shows he can be a swingman then I’m all for it. Playing him as a 3rd tall forward might allow him to play earlier whilst his body fully develops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't NWM a pure half back flanker? He gets most of the ball on the half back then pushes up.
Great player.

Isn't NWM a pure half back flanker? He gets most of the ball on the half back then pushes up.
Great player.

Yeah probably. But could be argued that Dambrosio is the same. I’m not sure what determines being a winger or a half back. This is Dambrosios game on the weekend. Hardly that of a winger

IMG_4532.jpeg

Yeah probably. But could be argued that Dambrosio is the same. I’m not sure what determines being a winger or a half back. This is Dambrosios game on the weekend. Hardly that of a winger

View attachment 1961807
Probably highlights how much we struggled to move the ball out of D50 effectively on the weekend. When we did it was to a contest down the line which we inevitably lost.

Would definitely prefer Mass to be getting more footy on the wing and driving us inside 50. Round 1 his split was 60:40

View attachment 1961807
Probably has a bit to do with how the game played out.
Being a defensive minded winger is what we need at present.

View attachment 1961807
Tbh I would never have seen Mass as a wing. Was sure he has spent most of him time down in the backline.

View attachment 1961807
Check the heatmap from every other game. He's clearly been playing a traditional wing role.

Champion Data has him having spent 84% of his time in the midfield over the first 5 games.

View attachment 1961807

D'Ambrosio has been great so far this season.

I doubt he's spent at least 50% of his time lining-up on the wing though. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

And if he has spent the majority of the time on a wing then it begs the question, why are we still forcing Amon into defence. D'Ambrosio could play a similar role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back