Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Like many in footy analysis, they get laughed at when they’re negative about the hawks and lauded when they’re positive.

FWIW they’re super smart guys who talk about the game intelligently and are able to back everything they say up with data. Data can’t measure everything in footy though and it doesn’t always get the nuances and feel of the game hence throwing up some head scratchers from time to time. But all in all a positive, and particularly Hoyne is good to listen to.
They got laughed at because they used to just drop a list of the top 20 XYZ in the league and duck out. Zero context. They at least go to some effort to explain things now.

They had Worpel rated as the number 2 player in the game behind Heeney for this season (at least up until the Gold Coast game). Even with the explanation of why I wasn't accepting that, even though Worpel has been very, very good.

They got laughed at because they used to just drop a list of the top 20 XYZ in the league and duck out. Zero context. They at least go to some effort to explain things now.

They had Worpel rated as the number 2 player in the game behind Heeney for this season (at least up until the Gold Coast game). Even with the explanation of why I wasn't accepting that, even though Worpel has been very, very good.
They’ve always had guys explaining it on their radio segments. They had Glenn Luff on for years before he went to North.

An Baz for for a future first or if Nash leaves ( hoping his compo would be a mid - late first round pick ).

Spider Man Lol GIF

I needed a good laugh tonight - cheers!

I thought I read somewhere the pies didn’t want to part with any of their picks and hit the draft.

They’ll have to give their F1, that all they have

I thought I read somewhere the pies didn’t want to part with any of their picks and hit the draft.

They’ll have to give their F1, that all they have
Feels like they’ve been trading their first rounders for years. At some point they won’t be able to and will be forced to use one at the draft.

If Nash wants to play silly buggers and put talks on hold then let him. Our re-signing priority should be Hardwick. Nash is expendable.
If Nash continues his lack of form, then yes.
But if he gets back to his best, then we must retain him.

With the trade Lewis stuff and as I said before only for a massive overs offer we shouldn’t be shopping him, but got me thinking how much fun the most mobile forwardline in the world could be. Chol and Ramsden with Moore ginnivan watson and add Caleb Daniel to kick inside 50. Wonder what Daniel is worth figure pies second is around the mark. Would love to see him in hawks colours.

Pies front runners for Bailey Smith according to Sam Landsberger

Another one bites the dust
Even though it wasn’t said I thought the Gettable show today with Cal Twomey was a dead give away that he’ll be a Hawk. You just kinda had to look at the disgust on Cal’s face when they used us an example of what a deal would like.

I’d love us to get Baz for the right price but I won’t lose sleep if we don’t. I will be just as happy if we can get some additions like Battle but we shall see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where Landsberger got his intel from. The Baz / Naicos bromance has very JOM / Cogs feel to it. I’d be more surprised to see him end up a Pie than a Cat or a Hawk.

I come in peace Hawkers.

We've got the same intel as you guys, it's Hawks or Cats. Pies aren't even on the radar.

It's a headline grabber, but if you read the article there's SFA substance to it.

Basically it's 'stop taking photos with an opposition player' and Landsberger's jumped to "Yep, he's going to Collingwood".

Still reckon it's Hawthorn all things being equal. The links are there, and we seem to be preoccupied with Perkins anyway.

Anyway, hope that helps if it can. Best of luck for the rest of the year!

I come in peace Hawkers.

We've got the same intel as you guys, it's Hawks or Cats. Pies aren't even on the radar.

It's a headline grabber, but if you read the article there's SFA substance to it.

Basically it's 'stop taking photos with an opposition player' and Landsberger's jumped to "Yep, he's going to Collingwood".

Still reckon it's Hawthorn all things being equal. The links are there, and we seem to be preoccupied with Perkins anyway.

Appreciate the insight. Fingers crossed he tells you guys to get ****ed and settles down near beautiful Dingley.

Would love Baz, think he's everything our midfield is missing.

Appreciate the insight. Fingers crossed he tells you guys to get ****ed and settles down near beautiful Dingley.

Would love Baz, think he's everything our midfield is missing.
That’s not fair our midfield can butcher the ball out of stoppage, just not at that speed!😂

Pies front runners for Bailey Smith according to Sam Landsberger

Another one bites the dust

Collingwood would be a strange choice for Baz IMO.

List demographic suggests they are moving away from a premiership window, so you couldn't really say he's going there for success.

He's also somebody who has a history of mental health issues, some stemming due to his high profile. Collingwood is the the club where he'll be under the most scrutiny. Everything he does will be under a bigger microscope than it is now at the Dogs.

I come in peace Hawkers.

I think I’ve posted this previously, but we have someone here with a good link to the Cats.

Cats apparently knew during last trade week that they were not Smith’s preferred home, that he was a fair way down the path with Hawks.

That doesn’t stop you giving him a better offer though and changing his mind, so we wait and see what eventuates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back